No announcement yet.

Why VADA is more trustworthy than USADA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    VADA only followed standard WADA protocol, which USADA is also supposed to follow. An athlete has the right to to test the B sample in order to confirm the positive result before he officially becomes guilty and it's made public to anyone. VADA even gave Golden Boy the option to sign a contract that would reveal to them the result of the A sample immediately without testing the B sample, but Golden Boy never signed it. Meanwhile, USADA just allowed Morales on two different occasions to have both the A and B samples test positive before informing the comission.

But you're right that they were angry for being told so late, not because they told the commission, but that was their own damn fault.

Margaret Goodman MD | President/Board Chairman
    Dr. Edwin "Flip" Homansky | Vice-President/Board
    Robert Cantu, MD | Board
    Deborah K. Stout | Board
    Angela Silva, DC | Secretary / Treasurer
    Ryan Connolly | Chief Legal Counsel / Client Relations
    Dr. Ron Kamm
    Sharon R. Kamm, PSY.D.
    http://www.vada-testing.org/index.ph...=50&Itemid=112

Nope, don't see Conte listed anywhere.

conte has spoken on his involvement with vada before. i believe the term he uses to describe his relationship with them was "advisor."

i don't think he's ever made explicit an active role in vada.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      conte has spoken on his involvement with vada before. i believe the term he uses to describe his relationship with them was "advisor."

i don't think he's ever made explicit an active role in vada.
      Do you know how many "advisors" VADA probably has, and who they are?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        The test was done at the press conference? Do you know the difference between taking samples and testing them at the lab? Did you even read what I typed?

I never said they were 100% trustworthy I said they were more trustworthy than another organization, because that other organization has done some shady **** but they haven't (as far as I know).

They didn't tell GBP because GBP didn't sign the contract (that VADA sent them) to receive the information in case of a positive result on the A sample. Once the B sample came back positive too, that's when everybody got notified. VADA simply followed their protocol.

Then how come Berto got popped?
        berto's an odd case. he measured in the parts per trillion, i believe, and it was for a very dated drug. conte wouldn't use something like that, you've got to figure. it's possible that his drugs, either legal or otherwise, were contaminated during their production. that's me speculating, and echoing the speculations of others.

Comment

berto's an odd case. he measured in the parts per trillion, i believe, and it was for a very dated drug. conte wouldn't use something like that, you've got to figure. it's possible that his drugs, either legal or otherwise, were contaminated during their production. that's me speculating, and echoing the speculations of others.
          Cmon dont become one of those guys

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Do you know how many "advisors" VADA probably has, and who they are?

i don't know the answer to either question beyond what i could figure out from their website.

i understand that "advisor" quite a broad definition of his relationship with vada. that's the word he uses. i don't have the time to go through the interviews at present, but i remember the most informative ones being "leave it in the ring" interviews, and he also touches on it briefly in his podcast with joe rogan.

Comment

USADA's caught world class sprinters such as Marion Jones, Justin Gatlin, Tim Montgomery and even the likes of coaches and other athletes.
              That's a reason why I'd trust them at the moment over VADA

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Cmon dont become one of those guys

"those guys, " i will do my best, though i am not certain exactly to which guys you are referring.

i'm almost positive that berto tested in the parts per trillion. i'm positive that it was for a dated drug.

it's possible that there was some sort of contamination. he could have been gassing up on other illegal drugs that were manufactured around the dated one for which he was popped.

i don't think berto or conte are beyond cheating. i think ward, donaire, berto, and anybody else working with conte should fall under the same suspicions that guys working with heredia and ariza fall under.

i'm honestly starting to think they are all on the gas. ok, not all of them, but a sturdy lot. putting on 20 + lbs in 30 hours after a weigh in? guys jumping in weight at an advanced age? dudes fighting in their 40's?

sounds fishy to me.
                Last edited by New England; 02-22-2013, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Ok so Conte doesn't control everything that's taken by fighters who work with him and when they do test positive, VADA doesn't try to cover it up so people can kill this conspiracy theory BS.

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                  wasn't that the excuse they used when trashing quillin and wright's samples? lol....they really need to come up with better excuses...
                  Yup and like Winky said "there ain't nothing to teach".

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    Ok so Conte doesn't control everything that's taken by fighters who work with him and when they do test positive, VADA doesn't try to cover it up so people can kill this conspiracy theory BS.

Yup and like Winky said "there ain't nothing to teach".

i am afraid i am not following you..

Comment

USADA's shady as ****. How do posters respect hiding test results? And making this a pac*ard issue? the ****?

They come up with every excuse in the book not to show the results. And apparently won't take any action until you're just about to retire and you won't be paying them anymore.

VADA

Comment

Working...
                      X