Do you drink protein shakes? ...how many a day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do!

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
    Do you guys believe as boxers doing intense workouts, we need a gram of protein per body weight every day?

I find it almost impossible to get that amount in my regular diet, consisting of egg whites and meat...and i drink a 28g protein shake only right after my gym sessions

should i be downing these shakes 3-4times a day just to get 160grams of protein a day?

what do yall do..
    I have a shake after training for sure, and on occasion I'll make a protein smoothie with a banana, berries, oatmeal and I add in macs, turmeric, flax seeds and coconut oil. Its always good to get proper protein and healthy fats into your diet

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
      No.

Meal timing is largely irrelevant. Its all about your overall macronutrient intake levels per day, basically fat and protein.

I have WPI powder, but I don't drink it in shakes, I use it in pancakes and cakes. Food >>>> Liquid.
      Funny. I had this argument with somebody in the gym once. He's a trainer and he swears up and down that drinks are better than food. I am going to have to do some reading.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
        No.

Meal timing is largely irrelevant. Its all about your overall macronutrient intake levels per day, basically fat and protein.

I have WPI powder, but I don't drink it in shakes, I use it in pancakes and cakes. Food >>>> Liquid.
        I will also use my powder in oatmeal and the like as well.

Comment

Protein powder and all these other supplements are really nothing more than a good way to waste your money. Next time you skim through a bodybuilding magazine, watch for the following" a section about some individual that looks all cut and buff along with his "routine"(which for the most part is pure f*n crap) and then an advertisement for a supplement with before and after photos and the promise you can look like him if you do the routine and take the supplement. Boxing magazines nowadays follow the same marketing technique and at the end of the day, its bulls*t.

A proper nutrition program that includes the "big three":carbs, fats, and proteins along with proper hydration will be more than enough to build muscle, strength, lose fat or whatever your goal may be. A multivitamin(i.e. Centrum) is okay and can be obtained without making a dent in your pocket.

The old timers like Ali, Foreman, and Holmes all got big and strong by training and eating right, no fancy diets or supplements there.

Comment

Originally posted by IronBoxer View Post
            Protein powder and all these other supplements are really nothing more than a good way to waste your money. Next time you skim through a bodybuilding magazine, watch for the following" a section about some individual that looks all cut and buff along with his "routine"(which for the most part is pure f*n crap) and then an advertisement for a supplement with before and after photos and the promise you can look like him if you do the routine and take the supplement. Boxing magazines nowadays follow the same marketing technique and at the end of the day, its bulls*t.

A proper nutrition program that includes the "big three":carbs, fats, and proteins along with proper hydration will be more than enough to build muscle, strength, lose fat or whatever your goal may be. A multivitamin(i.e. Centrum) is okay and can be obtained without making a dent in your pocket.

The old timers like Ali, Foreman, and Holmes all got big and strong by training and eating right, no fancy diets or supplements there.
            I agree with this 100% but would not bother to try to explain it anymore...the health food industry has done such an overwhelming con job on the public that they believe every word they are feed by them as gospel now and it's hopeless to try to educate the average guy about the reality.

Comment

Personally I take a Hyperplex by Everlast shake post workout, and the rest of the day, or non training days I try to eat as clean as possible making sure I do include protein into every meal.
              Bodybuilders NEED 1 gram per lb of body weight, boxers just need sufficient protein to maintain and repair their muscle mass. At my boxing weight of 205lbs I probably eat 120g of protein per day.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                Funny. I had this argument with somebody in the gym once. He's a trainer and he swears up and down that drinks are better than food. I am going to have to do some reading.

Thanks for the response.
                No argument to be had. I just prefer to eat food than drink liquid supplements. If you don't like eating, drink the shakes.

Protein is protein, regardless of whether you get it through a WPI shake or through a steak. I know which one I would rather be having.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                  I will also use my powder in oatmeal and the like as well.
                  Yeah, Proats are pretty good. As I said, I have a few kilos of WPI powder but I haven't had a shake in months. Just protein pancakes, protein microwave cakes and proats.

Comment

The reasons for wearing wigs are varied from different people.Not only women but also men choose to wear wigs because they think wearing wigs is the symbol of fashion even some hairstyles maybe not fit for their own face feature.Therefore more and more people intend to buy synthetic hair in the beauty item market. And the blonde wigs for women in hairwigsall.com is very popular among the female group.

Comment

that bump

Comment

Working...
                      X