No announcement yet.

Dana White to launch Zuffa Boxing in October

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana White to launch Zuffa Boxing in October

UFC President Dana White has been teasing a move into the boxing industry for years. From the sounds of it, the time is finally upon us.

According to a report from Mike Coppinger of The Athletic Boxing, White recently made an important executive hire for Zuffa Boxing — though it’s not clear who he hired...

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/...ng-in-october/

What the f#ck kinda key hire for a boxing division is Zuffa Boxing hiring that no one knows?!?!?!

Is it THAT key if no one knows him?

Whatever doe it'll be interesting to see how this all works out good or bad. I think Dana has a lot of ideas on how boxing should run, like most of us here do cuz who likes how boxing works now, but can he put them into practice? Can he even get high quality fights that boxing fans care about?

Comment

Stay away from boxing. This crook pays his superstars in the hundred thousands at best in spite of massive PPV's.

Can't wait until it all crashes and burns so he can move on back the MMA UFC dousche bag land.

Comment

White will have to pay at least market value to succeed in boxing, which completely blows up the business model that he rode to success with the UFC.

Comment

Originally posted by mp1110 View Post
          White will have to pay at least market value to succeed in boxing, which completely blows up the business model that he rode to success with the UFC.
          Listen to any interview Whyte has about boxing and you'll know he has no idea what he's talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by mp1110 View Post
            Or he puts everyone out of business and monopolizes boxing .

At least, that's his plan.

Comment

Lou DiBella? Notice he has stepped back from Promoting a bit, I wonder if this is the reason, him positioning himself for a major Exec Job.

When Lou DiBella was running HBO/TVKO it was at its best the PPV Numbers and Ratings was GREAT for boxing so I hope it is him! Brilliant Boxing Mind! If not Lou then hopefully somebody else who can help build this things up and fully know the current Landscape of Boxing. More Big Money Investors Spending money on Boxing? SIGN ME UP! I'm all in for Zuffa Boxing and I'm a UFC fan as well and love what Dana has done with the UFC!

Pay Scale is much higher in boxing, guys are not going to take less so they're going to have to pay much better than they do UFC Fighters!

Comment

They have the money to splurge. I just wonder who will actually jump to it. I think Wilder would be a good face for that. It could finally be that mega deal he's been waiting on.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                  They have the money to splurge. I just wonder who will actually jump to it. I think Wilder would be a good face for that. It could finally be that mega deal he's been waiting on.
                  Idk about that. The same reason guys don't wanna go to DAZN would be the same reason guys don't wanna land on Fight Pass. In fact even doe Fight Pass has been around longer than DAZN in the US I have no reason to believe they have more subs than DAZN.

Comment

Main event for Dana's first boxing card

Miller vs Whyte

Comment

Working...
                    X