No announcement yet.

Per ESPN Canelo vs Jacobs generated more then 48M in subscriptions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Pump & dump. Making it look attractive to buyers.

But what's really interesting is the XFL went the PBC route
    Jacobs knockout this weekend was great just like you predicted. By the way have you paid Robbie Barret? Oh and DAZN doesn't even have 500K subscribers lol

And why would buyers think they are attractive you said they were hemorrhaging money and about to fold any time now?

Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-09-2019, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Who knows. Depends on how they go about it. Like I said I expect pricing changes/options in the future. I also think they could bring in advertisers.

More importantly why do you think this isn't got a chance in hell of making it? I think thats the more farfetched stance.
      I added a second question. What happens if they don't secure a major sports rights?

They don't have a chance in hell to succeed because their success depends on breaking into the US major sports market. They're going up against the Disney's, Amazon's, Comcast Universal. Big bank always takes little bank. And major sports leagues are going to want their content viewed on the biggest platforms in the US.

This fight did approx what a Canelo-Jacobs PPV at $80 would've done. And don't forget the AJ fight is included and the put $30 mil into that fight. Then next month is GGG and he's getting $15 mil. What do they have for July and August?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
        How do those numbers make sense though? 1 million subs at $15 dollars each = $15 million.

DAZN does seem excited by the numbers though so maybe there is a revenue stream there I am missing.

Edit - OK I guess they are using the full revenue of yearly subscriptions bought there towards the $48+ million number. Not taking the $9 annual number.

If they have 1.2 million subs - if 400k are annual - that's $40 million. Then 800k would be monthly - so that's $16 million.

So by those numbers they would make $56 million for this fight/month. They seem to really like the numbers though. I wonder what the next few months will look like for them.
        God you are dumb as wood.

Single month plans are $19.99 and annual plans are $99.99.

DAZN reports they earned new subscriptions consisting of BOTH monthly and annual plans which exceeded 48M in revenue.

Do you understand now, BOY?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          I added a second question. What happens if they don't secure a major sports rights?
          They go outta business eventually. Or get bought out by someone who does secure the attractive sports rights. That goes for anyone in this sphere.

They don't have a chance in hell to succeed because their success depends on breaking into the US major sports market. They're going up against the Disney's, Amazon's, Comcast Universal. Big bank always takes little bank. And major sports leagues are going to want their content viewed on the biggest platforms in the US.
          Well DAZN is in the game already & idk if any of those platforms are even showing any streaming live sports yet. I think Disney isn't even operational yet.

This fight did approx what a Canelo-Jacobs PPV at $80 would've done. And don't forget the AJ fight is included and the put $30 mil into that fight. Then next month is GGG and he's getting $15 mil. What do they have for July and August?
          And this was their first major event in the US. It takes time to grow things bruh.

I believe Netflix was eating sh^t for 7 or 8 years before they turned a profit. Its very possible DAZN & others that enter that sphere will be eating sh^t for the better part of a decade as well. These mfers aren't getting into this game if they aren't open to that.

Comment

Shouldn't that be viewed as really bad since many of those are the annual sub, meaning dazn gets no more money this year from those people and this was their biggest star so most of the subs they'll get this year came from this? Seems that that would not even cover all the costs of this event.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
              Sure looks like it. I don’t see how they could generate profit.
              1) increase the subs number further

2) subs have to pay another 100 bucks in 12 months

Don‘t be so damn stupid. Get a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Shouldn't that be viewed as really bad since many of those are the annual sub, meaning dazn gets no more money this year from those people and this was their biggest star so most of the subs they'll get this year came from this? Seems that that would not even cover all the costs of this event.
                Nah its definitely alot better to get annual subs than get Canelo fanboys just buying 2mos a year for Canelo.

$100/yr vs $40/yr

Which for an example would work out as:
                500k people buy for the year thats $50M
                500k people buy 2mos a year thats $20M

So hardcore boxing, Bellator or cricket & all that other sh^t fans are more profitable for DAZN than the fanboys of any specific fighter or event.

Obviously the price of Canelo a year is $66M so yea they still got math problems you are on point with that & its not like DAZN is only in the Canelo business so they got other expenses & need money coming in from other draws too, but getting people throwing in annually is a bigger win for them in general.

I think we'll be able to tell how good or bad they are doing by how soon that $100/yr offer goes out the window. If we still got $100/yr & $20/mo options this time next year things aren't going too bad imo.

Comment

Nah its definitely alot better to get annual subs than get Canelo fanboys just buying 2mos a year for Canelo.

$100/yr vs $40/yr

Which for an example would work out as:
                  500k people buy for the year thats $50M
                  500k people buy 2mos a year thats $20M

So hardcore boxing, Bellator or cricket & all that other sh^t fans are more profitable for DAZN than the fanboys of any specific fighter or event.

Obviously the price of Canelo a year is $66M so yea they still got math problems you are on point with that & its not like DAZN is only in the Canelo business so they got other expenses & need money coming in from other draws too, but getting people throwing in annually is a bigger win for them in general.

I think we'll be able to tell how good or bad they are doing by how soon that $100/yr offer goes out the window. If we still got $100/yr & $20/mo options this time next year things aren't going too bad imo.
                  But, I'm not talking about a problem with annual subs vs monthly at all. I was referring to the fact that they probably gathered the most annual subs that they will from any event this year and 48m is all it equated to? Now, for the next several events those annuals aren't kicking in anything so the profits for events over the next 12 months will probably be very low in comparison. With the money they're putting into fighters, plus operating costs, this doesn't add up. This event didn't really make 48m because we're factoring in annual subs.

I'm not dazn bashing either. It just doesn't make sense to me that this could continue like this. I've run my own biz for a number of years so my mind is always geared toward things like this. I put my best product of the year out there, I want to see a huge return if I know many of these customers aren't spending a dime for another 12 months and I gotta keep creating shows for them.

Something will definitely change.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    But, I'm not talking about a problem with annual subs vs monthly at all. I was referring to the fact that they probably gathered the most annual subs that they will from any event this year and 48m is all it equated to? Now, for the next several events those annuals aren't kicking in anything so the profits for events over the next 12 months will probably be very low in comparison. With the money they're putting into fighters, plus operating costs, this doesn't add up. This event didn't really make 48m because we're factoring in annual subs.

I'm not dazn bashing either. It just doesn't make sense to me that this could continue like this. I've run my own biz for a number of years so my mind is always geared toward things like this. I put my best product of the year out there, I want to see a huge return if I know many of these customers aren't spending a dime for another 12 months and I gotta keep creating shows for them.

Something will definitely change.
                    They ARE adding more content doe. I mean Canelo is still pretty new to start with. GGG is new. Devin Haney doesn't got THAT much of a draw yet, but I believe he could entice some younger people to join with his following. I think Ryan Garcia could have impact in that way too. If they don't got some KingRy ads out there soon they don't know wtf they are doing. They added KSW which is my & most MMA fans guilty pleasure. They got some baseball show now apparently. They will surely add a NFL show soon I'd be willing to bet.

This isn't like a small business. This is a vomiting money attempt at becoming a major player in an emerging market. You don't even make the moves DAZN is making if you aren't bankrolled for the long haul or have the ability to find some money if/when you need it imo.

Comment

They ARE adding more content doe. I mean Canelo is still pretty new to start with. GGG is new. Devin Haney doesn't got THAT much of a draw yet, but I believe he could entice some younger people to join with his following. I think Ryan Garcia could have impact in that way too. If they don't got some KingRy ads out there soon they don't know wtf they are doing. They added KSW which is my & most MMA fans guilty pleasure. They got some baseball show now apparently. They will surely add a NFL show soon I'd be willing to bet.

This isn't like a small business. This is a vomiting money attempt at becoming a major player in an emerging market. You don't even make the moves DAZN is making if you aren't bankrolled for the long haul or have the ability to find some money if/when you need it imo.
                      You're not understanding what I'm getting at, but that's ok. It's an income vs expense thing and it's nothing to do with size, it's a universal business principle. The fact that they're adding more content doesn't just mean they'll pull in more money, often that means greater expense. They need filler to keep annual subs but the real money comes from major events like this where they need to pull in mad subs. 48m off this, given the fact that many people won't pay a dime for another year (and you'll have to spend a lot of money to keep them happy so they re-sub), looks bad to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X