No announcement yet.

Jacobs is a nice guy but not very bright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs is a nice guy but not very bright

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed outside or inside the ring. I noticed this a couple years ago when he complained he wasn't as big a star as he felt he should be. This was before he fought GGG & really didn't sound interested in fighting GGG at the time. Her thought beating Quillin & Mora twice should've made him a star.

As far as inside the ring...... He's not very smart at all either. Why is he obsessed with switching southpaw when he isn't very good at it? Why is he unaware of the moment? He shows flashes and then he disappears. He fights like he's a high IQ fighter but he's not.

I know there are things he does against other fighters he couldn't do against GGG & Canelo. But in both fights it seems like he was content doing just enough to keep it close.

I thought the judges overcompensated due to the scrutiny they've received about Canelo scorecards. The fight wasn't as close as the scorecards indicated.

What happened to that knockout win by Jacobs you predicted? lol just playing with you. I do agree he fought a foolish fight let canelo look like Floyd out there making him miss badly all night. Never switched his game plan that wasn't working. No clue why he kept changing his fight stance. He paid 1M for a unfair weight advantage and decided to try and outbox canelo looked foolish. I agree the judges overcompensated for all the crying by Jacobs before the fight about scoring and shaded rounds his way resulting in closer then should be scores. Even for the compubox nuts it was a wipe out canelo sweeoed every possible punch stat in his favor and literally doubled him up in connect rate. Canelo just way to smart, fast and skilled for Jacobs and when that was apparent he was too shook to bang and risk getting knocked out.

Compubox

Canelo
    Total shots
    188 of 466 (40%)

Jabs
    68 of 202 (34%)

Power shots
    120 of 264 (46%)

Jacobs
    Total shots
    131 of 649 (20%)

Jabs
    42 of 290 (15%)

Power shots
    89 of 359 (25%)

Comment

Canelo made Jacobs look like trash tonight.

That's the fight in a nutshell...

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        What happened to that knockout win by Jacobs you predicted? lol just playing with you. I do agree he fought a foolish fight let canelo look like Floyd out there making him miss badly all night. Never switched his game plan that wasn't working. No clue why he kept changing his fight stance. He paid 1M for a unfair weight advantage and decided to try and outbox canelo looked foolish. I agree the judges overcompensated for all the crying by Jacobs before the fight about scoring and shaded rounds his way resulting in closer then should be scores. Even for the compubox nuts it was a wipe out canelo sweeoed every possible punch stat in his favor and literally doubled him up in connect rate. Canelo just way to smart, fast and skilled for Jacobs and when that was apparent he was too shook to bang and risk getting knocked out.

Compubox

Canelo
        Total shots
        188 of 466 (40%)

Jabs
        68 of 202 (34%)

Power shots
        120 of 264 (46%)

Jacobs
        Total shots
        131 of 649 (20%)

Jabs
        42 of 290 (15%)

Power shots
        89 of 359 (25%)
        I win some & lose some. But I'm always honest about who won the fight. Even when it's fighters I'm rooting for. I was rooting hard for Ward in the first Kovalev fight but Ward clearly lost. I was rooting hard for Wilder but if someone feels Fury won I couldn't argue against that.

Comment

He even thought broner won against mikey couple of years ago lol

Nah, i was cheering for the dude. Just couldn’t get it done. When you have an opportunity of a lifetime in front of you you step up like it’s the only thing that matters.

Currents fighters just don’t have that second gear we see in cartoons where they remember their families or friends lol

Comment

Yeah, Jacobs is a dumb dumb for sure. Paid $1M for an advantage and didn’t use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
              Canelo made Jacobs look like trash tonight.

That's the fight in a nutshell...
              Yeah and Danny made Canelo look like trash too, according to to your logic.

It was a tactical fight. No fireworks.

The better man won, no doubt, but if you say Canelo made Jacobs look look like trash you're just a fan girl.

The better man won. He didn't dominate. He didn't humiliate his opponent. He got the job done. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
                Yeah, Jacobs is a dumb dumb for sure. Paid $1M for an advantage and didn’t use it.
                Right. wtf was that about

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post

The better man won, no doubt, but if you say Canelo made Jacobs look look like trash you're just a fan girl.

The better man won. He didn't dominate. He didn't humiliate his opponent. He got the job done. The end.
                  Jacobs made Jacobs look like trash. Like he always does to himself. Gun shy about being Pirogx2 for the first 6 rounds, comes on during the final 3/4th of the fight, then gives up the championship rounds without any urgency. Cries robbery. Rinse and repeat. Last fight he was fortunate to get the split decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post

Sorry, but Jacobs looked like trash out there. He stumbled twice and just looked slow. Was very unimpressive. Canelo would just choose to turn it up and did as he pleased.

Jacobs won maybe won 3 rounds. Had one solid punch all night. ONE.

Like i said, looked like trash because Canelo was too elite for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X