No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Undecided, Still Choosing a Television Outlet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
    Not necessarily. They would likely have the fight a 11AM in Tokyo to accommodate the American audiences. That's what they did with Pac-Rios.
    The entire premise of the fight is to suck every penny and revenue out of the Japan market which are the only fans who even know who this clown is or cares about him. You ain't p issing off Japan fans by forcing them to come to the arena at 8am for a Main event to kick off at 11am. Of course they did that for Pac because he's a huge star and draw in the US and that fight was on US PPV. This fight will not be on PPV with ESPN it will air Sunday Morning like the last fight ESPN aired for Murata that was in Japan.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...e=featurephone

The middleweight world title rematch between Hassan N'Dam and Ryota Murata, whose first fight generated a storm of controversy, will air live on ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes on Sunday (ESPN2, ESPN 3, 7:15 a.m. ET) thanks to the long-term deal recently made between Top Rank and ESPN.

Just like GGG had to go to the UK to fight Brook on UK time zone and aired early as phuk in the US
    Last edited by bigdunny1; 10-18-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

whether it's pay-per-view or subscriptions: that's Anthony Joshua, 'Canelo' and 'Triple G'. So you could say that 'Triple G' is the most sought after free agent right now

oh really Tom.....

in that case I cannot wait to hear your announcement regarding Golovkin's new 365mil deal then.....

..... when will they stop talking bollocks ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        He ain't getting 20 m from Japan a fight that will do no business in other markets because the time zone. Will air on ESPN Sunday morning like 9am lol he will get paid similar to what he got to fight Brook in the UK. I say 5m max.
        I've heard people say that fight is huge cuz it'll be in Japan not cuz it'll be on ESPN. And I tend to believe thats the case. I'd bet thats the 2nd best paying fight out there for him right now besides the obviously Canelo III fight.

Unless Murata puts in a career best performance & GGG does worse then I've seen him fight most of his fights I think its a nice payday that'll get him a belt back that isn't too much risk for him. Seems like a great move to me if he doesn't gotta fulfill options afterwards & I think GGG is attractive enough of a name that 1 fight will be doable for all parties.Then going to DAZN to end his career makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          He should make up his mind soon. The more time goes by the less leverage he has. Canelo jumped on DAZN's billion$ worth quickly. If Golovkin stretches this out, he may be forced to take the leftovers.
          Eh. I think cuz of GGG's position right now & with Tommy L's roster that is like the Washington Generals to GBP's Harlem Globetrotters he wasn't gonna break the bank anywhere. GGG is older & is clearly past prime. He's given a good account for himself in the Canelo fights (so much so that plenty of people say he won both), but I don't see any 5yr $365M deals in his future regardless of when he woulda made his move.

I think with only a couple fights left in him probably the move is to wait & see some sh^t get shaking out. Namely what just happened with where Canelo went cuz thats the fight still. So I think sitting down with more cats now makes more sense then it would've when Canelo was still in limbo.

Comment

Can see him joining Dazn

Comment

Working...
            X