No announcement yet.

How long will clenelo duck charlo for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Charlo is the #1 challenger and interim champion; he's already owed the mandatory and if Golovkin continues to not want to bother with the fight (K2 has petitioned for the direct third fight and failed, Golovkin and Co are set to go to Japan with eyes on a Murata fight for the Spring, etc).

If Canelo drops the belt, he drops the belt; Charlo gets elevated to full WBC champion, and Charlo looks to impress in his performances against Sulecki, Willie Monroe Jr, the winner of this run of The Contender, the Derevyanchenko-Jacobs winner at some point, and whomever else emerges along the way.

Charlo sets up shop in Houston, looks great in his fights, and keeps his name in the mix, while Canelo moves behind his streaming paywall.

So basically, do a whole lot of nothing against a whole lot of no one and live off of “being ducked” by his 12 fans in houston.

Meanwhile, Jacobs, Andrade, and BJS are with DAZN and GGG is free to fight wherever.

Charlo can set up shop in Houston and fight nobody and be nobody in Houston with a belt. He’d be the only paper champ of 160. Fact is, he’s at best top 5 in the division right now and everybody seems to have bigger fish to fry.

I like Charlo a lot but unless he makes the effort to fight good fights and make people want to watch him fight the big dogs, he’s going to waste his time with the willie monroes and sulecki’s and whatever left overs the big dogs toss down.

And the duck call wont work as he’s drastically less accomplished than at *least* 4 current MWs. He’s in dire need of a Jacobs or GGG type fight. He needs to headhunt, not b itch about a title. It’s not about which belt you have but who you beat for it if you’re in a division with 2 p4p guys.

Comment

Wrong side of the street doe.

Comment

yeahh homeboy, that gringo dont want that work from a young lion like 'mall just like triple L ducked him

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          So basically, do a whole lot of nothing against a whole lot of no one and live off of “being ducked” by his 12 fans in houston.

Meanwhile, Jacobs, Andrade, and BJS are with DAZN and GGG is free to fight wherever.

Charlo can set up shop in Houston and fight nobody and be nobody in Houston with a belt. He’d be the only paper champ of 160. Fact is, he’s at best top 5 in the division right now and everybody seems to have bigger fish to fry.

I like Charlo a lot but unless he makes the effort to fight good fights and make people want to watch him fight the big dogs, he’s going to waste his time with the willie monroes and sulecki’s and whatever left overs the big dogs toss down.

And the duck call wont work as he’s drastically less accomplished than at *least* 4 current MWs. He’s in dire need of a Jacobs or GGG type fight. He needs to headhunt, not b itch about a title. It’s not about which belt you have but who you beat for it if you’re in a division with 2 p4p guys.
          Canelo has to fight him, or Canelo loses the belt, full stop. Call him paper champion if you want, he's still champ.

Derevyanchenko is on the Haymon side with his title shot, Billy Joe Saunders is signed with Frank Warren (how taking a mandated fight on the best terms he could get turned to a Frank Warren fighter not being beholden to DAZN is beyond me), and Daniel Jacobs is still welcome on the Haymon side of the fence (with Haymon helping set the deal up, there's no doubt in my mind that he had the HBO deal and the Matchroom Sport deal synced up; the Derevyanchenko fight is the 4th fight with Matchroom Sport, just to keep count).

Count the noses.

The Sulecki fight in December on FOX (that seems to be the rumor), and then we'll see the fallout.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            hopefully not as long as GGG ducked Charlo

This was a big let down for me because I actually think GGG takes him out.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
              Why in hell would he duck an undercard fighter?
              Have you people lost your minds?!
              Cnelo just fought a monster twice,
              and you're telling me he will duck a guy whose best win is Williams?
              WTF is Williams? Where is he now?
              Welcome to the club. I don't understand it either.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                those two brought a name and money to the table, thats why oscar gave haymon fighters the lotto ticket... still charlo is getting his shot after canelos voluntary, not the first time canelo takes on a high risk low reward fight...
                People were saying the same about Trout. Until he beat him.

People were saying the same about Lara. Until Lara ran and lost via Cuban style running.

People were saying the same about GGG. Until he tied, then beat him in the 2nd fight.

The only fighter Canelo should have left alone was Mayweather as he was too young and green.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Canelo has to fight him, or Canelo loses the belt, full stop. Call him paper champion if you want, he's still champ.

Derevyanchenko is on the Haymon side with his title shot, Billy Joe Saunders is signed with Frank Warren (how taking a mandated fight on the best terms he could get turned to a Frank Warren fighter not being beholden to DAZN is beyond me), and Daniel Jacobs is still welcome on the Haymon side of the fence (with Haymon helping set the deal up, there's no doubt in my mind that he had the HBO deal and the Matchroom Sport deal synced up; the Derevyanchenko fight is the 4th fight with Matchroom Sport, just to keep count).

Count the noses.

The Sulecki fight in December on FOX (that seems to be the rumor), and then we'll see the fallout.
                  Every guy you named is able to fight on DAZN and every one of them would rather fight Canelo for the lineal belt or even for no belt. They’re all also (arguably of course) better fights. Being honest, I’d rather see Canelo fight GGG, Jacobs, BJS as theyve shown to be better. Not that I dont want to see a Charlo fight, but the difference is we know he can fight those guys on DAZN and Andrade seems like he’ll join the mix. I’d prefer Charlo over that but we’re talking options and there are many for Canelo, with many being better options.

We’ll see how atteched he is to that title but history shows us he doesnt care that much.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                    Every guy you named is able to fight on DAZN and every one of them would rather fight Canelo for the lineal belt or even for no belt. They’re all also (arguably of course) better fights. Being honest, I’d rather see Canelo fight GGG, Jacobs, BJS as theyve shown to be better. Not that I dont want to see a Charlo fight, but the difference is we know he can fight those guys on DAZN and Andrade seems like he’ll join the mix. I’d prefer Charlo over that but we’re talking options and there are many for Canelo, with many being better options.

We’ll see how atteched he is to that title but history shows us he doesnt care that much.
                    DAZN has Alvarez signed and Andrade signed, and Daniel Jacobs us 4 fights into a deal that likely matched the dates offered by HBO; every other middleweight is basically in flux (no different than with Anthony Joshua, Ryota Murata is making too much money in his home country fighting whomever to bother with US TV politics beyond 'Mr Honda is okay with Bob Arum handling the US stuff'.

We'll have the results for Andrade-Kautondokwa and Derevyanchenko-Jacobs (in addition to Murata-Brant), Canelo fights Fielding, and then Alvarez will pick one fight for Cinco de Mayo weekend, with the fallout moving accordingly.

He's either fighting Charlo, fighting one of the vacant titles winners, vacating to go to a third fight with Golovkin, flipping everyone the bird and vacating to fight Lemieux or Munguia, or sticking at 168lbs and eyeing fights there.

Regardless of what he does, not everyone is going to sit out and wait for the next Canelo date in September; Billy Joe Saunders is going to want a meaningful fight, the Derevyanchenko-Jacobs winner is going to want a good fight, the Andrade-Kautondokwa winner of going to want a fight, Jermall Charlo is going to want to fight, and the rest of the division will still move around (no idea what type of ratings the show is doing, but the winner of The Contender should be near enough to a good fight too).

Comment

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
                      don't know what salty means try and make sense when you post would ya
                      Try not to be ignorant when you post then would ya

Comment

Working...
                      X