Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Retains, Wins Majority Decision Over Hughie Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it only me that thought Fury totally schooled Parker? Did you see him throw himself back into the ropes to avoid a charging Parker, who missed by inches......did any one see the foot work? the tying up? (a skill)

Fury is a master boxer with no eye-catching power shots, but make no mistake, he schooled Parker in there.

Comment

Originally posted by rdb85 View Post
      By not getting knocked down or even hit and connecting with more punches,he was making parker miss especially in all the first 4 rounds and whether there was much behind them or not he was the only one connecting
      So, you're saying Fury connected with more punches? Go back to boxing school. He absolutely sucks. Worst HW in the history of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
        Was it only me that thought Fury totally schooled Parker? Did you see him throw himself back into the ropes to avoid a charging Parker, who missed by inches......did any one see the foot work? the tying up? (a skill)

Fury is a master boxer with no eye-catching power shots, but make no mistake, he schooled Parker in there.
        i see the comedy in this post..he clearly lost bc he didnt like the harder shots and he was avoidant..there was nothing good about what he was doing...no leverage on any of his shots

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
          How the **** did Fury only win 2 rounds? 118 - 110??? Robbery. I had Fury winning 9-4.. Boring fight and Parker looked desperate was struggling, his punches were landing on the arms and elbows. Fury was on the back foot too much but his timing was good.
          How? Because he is the worst HW in the history of boxing. Absolutely pathetic and painful to watch. And absolute khunt.

Comment

Povetkin vs Parker? Could be good for both. Povetkin gets his championship shot, Parker gets a test... that he is likely to flunk.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
              worst decision i have ever seen in my life. Fury won virtually every round. Parker is nothing but a bum.who did not land more than 4-5 punches the whole fight.
              Jesus, you need an eyeball transplant or you are the biggest joker I have ever seen.

Comment

No- you weren't alone. Reading through the posts it looks like 2-3 other people had a similar view.

Comment

What a horrible HW fight.

Fury told everyone that would listen that he would KO Parker. But you can't KO someone by running around the ring flicking a weak jab (that was a backhand half the time), holding excessively (zero inside game) and not throwing punches, the very definition of what the UK announcers call 'negative'. As big as he is, that was a pathetic performance, a poor man's Malik Scott.

Parker was at least throwing punches, but he was not very good at cutting off the ring, was missing a lot and allowed himself to be held by Fury every time he got on the inside. I can't imagine him beating Wilder or Joshua, despite his rather weak "I'll fight anyone" interview (Both Wilder and Joshua offered to fight him and Parker did not respond).

The irony was the one of the judges (UK ref Terry O'Connor, who was originally supposed to be the ref, but got removed by Parker's camp and replaced by another British ref) had the fight scored 118-110, and of the two American Judges, one had it 118-110 and the other American judge had it a draw, 114-114.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-...vyweight-title

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-...st-hughie-fury

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                    Did you think that he lost though? Ugly tactics in a way, but I thought they edged it, whether I liked them or not.
                    When I see 2 terrible fighters not doing anything I give it to the one that at least tries to do something.

Comment

maybe we should make him p4p #1 if he gets some low blow stoppages

Comment

Working...
                      X