No announcement yet.

Why the DC superhero movie universe wont be as good as marvels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the DC superhero movie universe wont be as good as marvels

DC is trying to be like marvel and have a universe in their movies with all the superheroes..
    But I think they are going about it backasswards...

First, marvel slowly introduced the characters thru seperate movies and tying them together with Samuel l Jackson

DC has one movie, superman, and now is gonna rush superman, batman, wonder women, all together at once, in one movie, the 2nd of the universe.. Marvel waited awhile and built towards avengers.. DC is rushing..

Also, the timeline of the characters seem off..

Batman is old and basically retired, robin is already dead, and he is just now meeting a young superman, young Luther, young wonder women..
    You would think they would have a slightly younger batman, and not have robin already dead if they want to make a bunch of movies in this universe...

Just my 2 cents

Batman should be the Han solo to supermans Luke skywalker..

But instead DC has him being an old obi 1 kenobi

Comment

It's based off The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel and it's gonna lead nicely into the Justice League movie, there's already been a Green Lantern movie, the Wonder Woman movie is coming soon and there's already been several Batman movies, in the comics there was another who replaced Robin (can't quite remember his name) and later became Nightwing, for the Marvel movies they had a bass line and something too aim towards in the Infinity Gauntlet and the gems that ties the movies together, they obviously haven't thought of which Arc to tie the DC movies too (Other then to bring them together in the Justice League). An old and basically retired Batman is still capable of beating Superman, his age means nothing unless he was a pensioner.
      The timeline of the characters has too seem off, if the events that happened in Man Of Steel happened previous to the Batman movies then they would of had to surely introduce him in the Batman movies or at least bring him up at some point which didn't happen and if the Batman movies are in a different universe then Batman came out of retirement in The Dark Knight Returns anyway, it all makes sense if you've read the book.
      Last edited by NChristo; 08-18-2015, 12:27 AM.

Comment

they are all shiet being rushed to our faces. i mean how the **** would batman beat superman? just be freaking honest, what happens when superman takes batman to the sun in a blink of an eye?

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
          they are all shiet being rushed to our faces. i mean how the **** would batman beat superman? just be freaking honest, what happens when superman takes batman to the sun in a blink of an eye?
          like Piggy said in earlier thread about this: Superman's weakness is decency

he cannot kill a person regardless

in the graphic novel Kingdom Come, Supes went into self-exile and hide from the public because of his guilt of having killed someone

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
            like Piggy said in earlier thread about this: Superman's weakness is decency

he cannot kill a person regardless

in the graphic novel Kingdom Come, Supes went into self-exile and hide from the public because of his guilt of having killed someone
            Also wouldn't make the best or longest of films if Batman called Superman a **** and he just crushed his skull there n then or something similar. Also what's the Justice League without ****in Batman.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              DC is trying to be like marvel and have a universe in their movies with all the superheroes..
              But I think they are going about it backasswards...

First, marvel slowly introduced the characters thru seperate movies and tying them together with Samuel l Jackson

DC has one movie, superman, and now is gonna rush superman, batman, wonder women, all together at once, in one movie, the 2nd of the universe.. Marvel waited awhile and built towards avengers.. DC is rushing..

Also, the timeline of the characters seem off..

Batman is old and basically retired, robin is already dead, and he is just now meeting a young superman, young Luther, young wonder women..
              You would think they would have a slightly younger batman, and not have robin already dead if they want to make a bunch of movies in this universe...

Just my 2 cents
              I'm not a Comic Book geek so I don't know but I keep reading youtube comments about how the Joker is Robin -- which is what apparently one of the comic book versions has portrayed?

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
                Well. In that other Superman movie with the Christopher Reeve look-a-like, Lex Luthor gave Superman a prison ass-whooping by softening him up with Kryptonite, and than shanking him with a prison shank made out of kryptonite. So I'm guessing he will have many weapons made out of it? Perhaps buying it on the Black market?

I don't keep up with Comic Book versions of the Batman Vs Superman story, but I thought that if this is gonna be realistic, Batman will STUDY and watch Superman first before he makes a move. Discover his weaknesses, develop a strategy, call him out at the right location that is favorable to Batman (and a location that is perhaps full of Kryptonite).

Comment

I like the DC movies better though.....the marvel movies are too action action action corny lines corny lines, action corny trying to be funny lines, action, corny lines, etc.

Comment

I seriously question anyone who liked Man Of Steel.... it was complete crap with good effects......trying to be gritty but failing....the only thing I liked was that Cavill does look like superman should...but other than that, just as crap and overdone as transformers without the lighthearted moments....just a complete drag...

Batman was good because it had fu(king Nolan directing/scripting(and even though i enjoyed them all, only 2 is a very good film)...DC heroes are just not that interesting apart from Batman/Superman....

Comment

Working...
                    X