Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who believed Mayweather ducked Miguel Cotto!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    It was the hottest fight in boxing in 2008.

And Floyd retired.
    Bro... Floyd fans are reduced to defending his ducks now. Had Floyd defended his belts... his fans could be clapping instead of working on a boxing forum trying to rewrite history.

Btch moves happen on forums too.

TS... Be like Floyd and just...retire.

Comment

As far as I know,Mayweather was strictly aiming for a fight with Gatti during that time.And its 2008 where most people wanted to see Cotto and Mayweather and Mayweather made up a bunch of excuses not to fight Cotto and it ended there.Yet another important fight that Mayweather managed to avoid fighting.

Comment

I am disappointed Floyd didn't fight Cotto in 2008 after the Hatton fight. He went for Oscar 2 and after that huge payday I thought Cotto was next and he abruptly retired.

Comment

You're in complete denial if you think Floyd didn't ducked Cotto. That's all I can say about this thread.

Comment

I dont believe Mayweather ducked Cotto, But it was a shame we didnt get to see this fight in 2008, A prime Cotto against a Prime Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatestIam View Post
              Floyd shoulda fought both Cotto and Margarito, because then Mannys wins really wouldnt mean ****... However he didnt, its a shame but reality and both fell off since then,but in the long run would have been highlight million buy fights for Floyd...

No question Floyd beats MAB, Erik Morales and JMM... Prime Gatti v Pac toss up, Mitchell would kill pac in his prime, that version of mosley floyd fought wouldve done damage....
              gatti vs manny a toss up???!!!!1 LMAO manny wouldve destroyed him !!!!! just like he did barerea !!!! i hope you wasnt being sertious because if you are shame on u !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG
                and TS........floyd didnt fight mitchell.......in his prime years..........nor his prime weight........just like hatton..............and shane......................and jmm..........so sorry bt you fail..................
                Good point!

Floyd fans are left feeling used for their all their $39 PPV payments... No glory just writing new theories daily about why Floyd is really not a duck. Sadness

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG
                  Whats more sad.....is he can somehow redeemed himself and fight cotto now.............yet he ducked him for the 2nd time..............

Indeed. Something about a bald Rican men make Floyd uneasy.

Comment

Originally posted by master_rose View Post
                    Let's be clear that it is not Floyd Mayweather who ducked Miguel Cotto. But it is Team Cotto who ducked Floyd Mayweather.

For a time, between 2003-05, Miguel Cotto was moving up through the light Welterweight division like a freight train. The guy is a warrior with tremendous heart and a heavy left hand.

There was a lot of talk of a potential bout between the two. This is why Cotto elected to fight DeMarcus Corley, as Floyd had been the distance with Chop Chop. Cotto outweighed Corley by 9lbs that night and still ended up doing the chicken-dance. Don't get me wrong, Floyd got rocked a couple of times by Corley too.

So Team Cotto decided, rather than risk similar irreversible mistakes against Floyd, lets give him Cotto's clone. Cue Henry Bruseles. If you haven't seen that fight, I suggest you go watch it closely. Both Cotto and Hatton were ringside for that bout, and consequently campaigned in other alphabet titles after witnessing total annialation, and humiliation of this young prospect.

However, don't get it twisted, Bob Arum has been pulling Cotto's strings for the longest. He put Miguel through so much. The smartest move Floyd ever made was to rid himself of that lying sack.

Not really a case of Floyd ducking, just a painful process dealing with Arum, who also owes Floyd millions from the Gatti and Judah fights.

Peace to all...
                    The fight could happen but Floyd Retired, not facing Cotto or Mosley at that time it could be a great fight in either of the two. I just say theres so many ways to avoid opponent who are a threat on his carer. Imsure he will retire again not facing Manny

Comment

Cotto suffered trauma after witnessing a real Black fighter like Bernard beating down his hero Trinisad. He revised his plan every night to make sure he doesn't ever suffer the same fate.

Comment

Working...
                      X