No announcement yet.

Zach Kirk Suffers Broken Neck In Mixed Martial Arts Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Kirk Suffers Broken Neck In Mixed Martial Arts Fight

OMAHA, Neb. --A 20-year-old man was paralyzed Saturday night in Shenandoah, Iowa, after breaking his neck in a mixed martial arts fight.Now, Zach Kirk and his family are engaged in another fight, one that will play out in hospital rooms and physical therapy centers as the family hopes for a miraculous recovery.Doctors have operated on the injured vertebrae in his neck but they don't know if he'll walk again.

http://www.ketv.com/cnn-news/19578023/detail.html

So he basically pulled a Linland but Broke his neck instead of koing himself?

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      So he basically pulled a Linland but Broke his neck instead of koing himself?
      Hi there. You still post here? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Beelzebub View Post
        Hi there. You still post here? Why?
        Sup Bub, I just recently started posting again. I stopped by because my email said I had a private message, then I read someones signature saying Dragonzero has died, so I asked around and have been posting in the mma a little. What are you doing here?

Comment

This is kinda old. Hope he recovers though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
            This is kinda old. Hope he recovers though.
            Didn't notice the date on this. May 2009

Comment

if you watch the video, his opponent gets him in a guillotine and slams his head down to the canvass. Hope he walks again.

Comment

Seems that broken necks aren't uncommon in MMA.
                Thank the Gods there have been no fatalities yet.

Comment

if i fought mma i would try the neck twist submission, where you crank their head around as hard as you can untill they tap.

Comment

Yes the wrestling is the game of injuries they are the permanent clients of physical therapist but its not easy to recover when its some kind of serious issues in bones or ribs it will take time to recover..........

Comment

Working...
                    X