Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: Canelo is The Better Fighter, He Beats Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off I would believe Spence over a forum poster, Canelo is a better boxer with more skill whose faced better competition in his career.
    At fight time, Canelo will probably outweigh GGG, so he more than likely will be able to nuetralize GGG's largest advantage. Then it becomes a "boxing match". remember Canelo had the balls to try and "outbox" Floyd. Ballsy but he obviously is confident in his boxing ability. And please dont forget someone with KO power and was in a higher weight class, JUST LOST TO THE BETTER BOXER
    Remember Canelo already sparred with GGG, so the only one that is gonna be surprised by someones power, will be GGG because Canelo's power at this weight will be something GGG hasnt felt from Canelo.
    KO boxers usually lose by KO eventually. I see Canelo putting a Ward like performance by attacking his body early, then turn it into a boxing match, then 10-12 body work will pay off and he will end it by KO or TKO.

Comment

I usually agree with Spence, but disagree about him saying Canelo is more skilled. I do think GGG's style suits him very well, but GGG has under-rated skills and footwork, and is much better fighting inside than Canelo imo. Mayweather stood in the pocket and made Canelo look foolish.

I would pick Canelo to win by decision, because he has a very solid chin. In addition to that Canelo does not lose decisions unless your last name is Mayweather. Canelo always seems to have at least one judge in his pocket. He got a 114-114 score vs Mayweather and didn't win a round. A few of the judges scored vs Lara and Trout were also horrible in his favor.
      Last edited by JWHardin; 07-07-2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Yeah i could see that. So long as he doesn't get hurt badly before the 12th i don't see why he couldn't pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
          I just don't see canela having the stamina to do all the things he has to do to beat GGG. He got tired fighting a freaking punching bag his last fight. He even admitted he got tired People forget that he has not really fought at 160 and that extra weight plus GGG's MW power are going to give him a shock. I got GGG by late KO or a UD.
          Exactly. Canelo's last fight was closer to super middleweight than middleweight. Just watch the 168's fight it's a different weight class. So people aren't even going to see the Canelo that beat Chavez, they will see a 4.5 pound division smaller Canelo. Every pound counts.

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
            Says the guy who got KOd in sparring by Malignaggi. Lol GTFO.
            Who got Ko'ed in sparring by paulie? I know you're not insinuating Errol Spence?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              Exactly. Canelo's last fight was closer to super middleweight than middleweight. Just watch the 168's fight it's a different weight class. So people aren't even going to see the Canelo that beat Chavez, they will see a 4.5 pound division smaller Canelo. Every pound counts.
              I think Nelo will come into the ring 175-180.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy 23 View Post
                GGG fans must to realize T-O-D-A-Y that Canelo is better fighter and always was.I don't wanna hear any excuses after he beats GGG.
                I got a few takers. And ALL Canelo just has to make it to a certain round ... The highest one I said he makes it to round 10 but he changed it to finish round 10. Not orginal terms but I let it slide.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  If you take Canelo's fists away, he has nothing!

Besides arms, I mean. He would still have arms. They would just have like, stumps at the end, instead of fists. But I would never advocate taking away someone's fists like that, although I empathize with those who were born without fists or who suffered such injuries in the line of duty or in any other way. But it's just a fact that if you took away Canelo's fists, he would have nothing but arms. And elbows, shoulders, legs, etc. A heart and a brain. The brain would be inside his head, he would also still have that. Fingers. Toes. This little piggy went to market. You know how **** go. You know how we do. Knees. Sergio Martinez. Pectoral muscles. Thighs. Heels. Those are very important for balance, but let's face it GGG still has the better balance, not that that would be the deciding factor if Canelo did not have fists.

Look, you might think that's not realistic, a boxer without fists, but just remember Amir Khan is a boxer and he doesn't have a chin, so stuff like that can totally happen. Plenty of boxers don't listen to their corner, which is the metaphorical equivalent to not having ears. So it can totally happen. That's why I got GGG by KO. Peace.
                  You say the DUMBEST sht??? Stay off the drugs.

Comment

I agree with many posters here. People are seriously under-rating Golovkin's skills. He is NOT just a face first brawler. Sometimes, that's all it takes, but he's shown glimpses of his skillset when necessary. You don't rack up an AM record like that without Boxing skills.

Yes, he's older and slower now, which makes it more even(why GBP finally took the fight). Dude already whooped Canelo in sparring while taking it easy on the kid, everyone knows it. But yea, that was a while ago(and just sparring). Things change. I see it as almost 50/50 at this point. Canelo has a LOT in his favor.

Comment

Not much longer to go, the debates are fun and all that but someone is going to be wrong. Money is on Golovkin but as long as its a good classic fight i'm a happy boxing fan, may the best man win.

Comment

Working...
                      X