Dwyer on Ward-Kovalev II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Debatable at best. He was hurt going into the ropes. He was already bending over when the final shot hit him, why? Because he was hurt.

I don't think you're objective when it comes to Ward anyways because I know you have a long history of not liking the guy, since his fight with Kessler.

I'm being objective though myself because I'm not a fan of either guy, I just wanted​a good fight and there were few better fights in the sport and anytime a #1 vs #2 in a division happens, I get excited! For the record I absolutely wanted Kovalev to win as I thought Ward's behavior during the pre-fight build up was pretty cunty and I was hoping Ward would be humbled. But as it turns out, it's Kovalev who has shown poor character. But that's neither here nor there; all that outside the ring stuff is irrelevant to what happened inside the ring.

I think if everyone were to put their bias aside, the narrative on this site would match reality - that Kovalev got beat up, he got out classed. And that Kovalev looked really bad (both in part because Ward did so well and probably also because Kovalev fought a bad fight technically speaking (his game plan/strategy was bad - following him around the ring rather than using his distance that he is known for proved to be a terrible idea!)).
      Cliff Rold actually agrees with me as can be seen in his post-fight grades article. He calls those saying that there was no fouls liars.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Cliff Rold actually agrees with me as can be seen in his post-fight grades article. He calls those saying that there was no fouls liars.
        He also said a lot of other things, so just throwing that in there like that is out of context. I think everyone agrees that the last shot was a low one, and a few borderline from both guys. This is completely normal in a long fight where body punches are thrown, you see low blows every single fight, especially the kind we saw on Saturday.

The reason why this has been made into a big deal is the stoppage, and Kovalev (over)reacting to them in 7 and 8, where the majority of the body punches were legal. He looked like a fighter who was struggling to keep his head above water and looking for breaks, I think that is why there is such a hot debate and divided opinion on this. Tony Weeks ruined the possibility of a definitive outcome.

I also agree with the above poster that you are biased against Ward in this. I have been here long enough to know how much of a big Kessler fan you were, because I was as well. I guess some people have the ability to be impartial but most people don't, that is what I have learned here over the past 11 years.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          He also said a lot of other things, so just throwing that in there like that is out of context. I think everyone agrees that the last shot was a low one, and a few borderline from both guys. This is completely normal in a long fight where body punches are thrown, you see low blows every single fight, especially the kind we saw on Saturday.

The reason why this has been made into a big deal is the stoppage, and Kovalev (over)reacting to them in 7 and 8, where the majority of the body punches were legal. He looked like a fighter who was struggling to keep his head above water and looking for breaks, I think that is why there is such a hot debate and divided opinion on this. Tony Weeks ruined the possibility of a definitive outcome.

I also agree with the above poster that you are biased against Ward in this. I have been here long enough to know how much of a big Kessler fan you were, because I was as well. I guess some people have the ability to be impartial but most people don't, that is what I have learned here over the past 11 years.
          If you have been here a long time, you would also know that I hate dirty fighters regardless of where they come from.

In this particular case it's clear that Weeks made a mistake. He should have given Kovalev a 5 min break and deducted a point from Ward. How can anybody disagree with that?

Comment

If you have been here a long time, you would also know that I hate dirty fighters regardless of where they come from.

In this particular case it's clear that Weeks made a mistake. He should have given Kovalev a 5 min break and deducted a point from Ward. How can anybody disagree with that?
            You cant....those are THE rules to give a 5 min option IF ( in Weeks case he did ) the ref sees a low blow ,you just dont ignore it bc the other guy was hurt by legal ones , stupid mofos everywhere ...lol!

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              You cant....those are THE rules to give a 5 min option IF ( in Weeks case he did ) the ref sees a low blow ,you just dont ignore it bc the other guy was hurt by legal ones , stupid mofos everywhere ...lol!
              Yeah. It's like some posters here is simply unaware of the rules of boxing. Must be new fans.

Comment

Yeah. It's like some posters here is simply unaware of the rules of boxing. Must be new fans.
                Or people who just was their fighter to get the win, regardless of whether it's fair or not.

Comment

Comment

Didn't watch the video, but Weeks definitely messed up. Kovalev should've been given 5 minutes to recover after the last punch Ward landed.

Comment

Why are we still bumping this old stuff? It's been nine days now. Please let it rest!

Comment

Working...
                      X