Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez Wins 2012 Fighter the Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marquez deserves it. quality over quantity. all of donaire's opponents could have been considered "top" fighters but donaire was clearly the best man at 122. marquez moved up to face a top 3 p4p fighter and the top guy at WW (since floyd's been inactive at WW and fought as a LMW that year). that and marquez brutally KO'ed pacquaio while donaire went the distance with 2 and stopped the other 2. i honestly don't see how it's debatable tbh, pacquaio>>arce, nishioka, mathebula, and vazquez jr.

Comment

Great news. Glad to see a boxing outlet that could see through the 4-fight crap and the quality of the opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
        marquez deserves it. quality over quantity. all of donaire's opponents could have been considered "top" fighters but donaire was clearly the best man at 122. marquez moved up to face a top 3 p4p fighter and the top guy at WW (since floyd's been inactive at WW and fought as a LMW that year). that and marquez brutally KO'ed pacquaio while donaire went the distance with 2 and stopped the other 2. i honestly don't see how it's debatable tbh, pacquaio>>arce, nishioka, mathebula, and vazquez jr.
        i can agree with this if the ratio of good wins between 2 fighters competing is close..such as 3 to 5 , 5-7 , 4-6 , etc..

but jmm has one great win this year compared to nonito's 3 good wins..

Comment

good for him, what a an amazing ko that was........

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
            i can agree with this if the ratio of good wins between 2 fighters competing is close..such as 3 to 5 , 5-7 , 4-6 , etc..

but jmm has one great win this year compared to nonito's 3 good wins..
            Arce and Vazquez are far from good wins. Vazquez was coming off a TKO loss to Arce. Arce almost got his ass handed to him by Rojas. Arce and Nishioka were both on the verge of retiring coming in.

Mathebula is the only good win.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Just saw the cover of the new Ring Magazine.

I'm shocked. I thought Donaire was a shoe in
              Who owns THe Ring?? It's DLH!! Donaire's with Top rank, Donaire dumps DLH after Arum shows he was tied with Donaire! That's DLH 's revenge for Donaire! "You'll not getting my FOTY award from my Magazine for Dumping me!!" --- DLH

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Arce and Vazquez are far from good wins. Vazquez was coming off a TKO loss to Arce. Arce almost got his ass handed to him by Rojas. Arce and Nishioka were both on the verge of retiring coming in.

Mathebula is the only good win.
                a floyd fan dont have the right to say what a good win or a bad win is coz to you guys , it's all the same when it comes to floyd...

Comment

JMM deserves being the FOTY!

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                    a floyd fan dont have the right to say what a good win or a bad win is coz to you guys , it's all the same when it comes to floyd...
                    Uhhh, okay, whatever that means.

Just let it go man, you seem hurt. It's okay. Donaire has plenty of years left to finally make an impact, while that was Marquez's first, and would probably be Marquez's only FOTY award. Maybe 2013 will be Donaire's year if he steps up and doesn't think fighting Mijares level opponents will get him FOTY honors. He's 30 years old and lost that spot to a 40 year old. When you're young, you should be fighting the best possible opponents, unfortunately Marquez is the one doing this, not Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Uhhh, okay, whatever that means.

Just let it go man, you seem hurt. It's okay. Donaire has plenty of years left to finally make an impact, while that was Marquez's first, and would probably be Marquez's only FOTY award. Maybe 2013 will be Donaire's year if he steps up and doesn't think fighting Mijares level opponents will get him FOTY honors. He's 30 years old and lost that spot to a 40 year old. When you're young, you should be fighting the best possible opponents, unfortunately Marquez is the one doing this, not Donaire.
                      I agree for the most part. That said, I like how Donaire's been active and I think 2013 will be a big year for him. He's trying to make an impact in a fairly new division so we should at least let him get comfortable there. Looks like Rigo is next and whomever the winner in is, they deserve loads and loads of respect.

Comment

Working...
                      X