Collapse
No announcement yet.

how effective is standup?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have only Boxed for about 2 1/2 months but i can definately say it is quite usefull especially if the person you are fighting doesn;t knw owhat they are doin.

Comment

The number 1 heavyweight today is not only a great grappler, but an excellent stand up fighter as well, Antonio Nogueira.

Comment

stand up is great but if you are not a versed fighter you are lost with a bjj expert or a wrestler.

Comment

[quote:16f3e1f3dc="Piedra"]stand up is great but if you are not a versed fighter you are lost with a bjj expert or a wrestler.[/quote:16f3e1f3dc]

^ what he said

Comment

These days stand up is very important. I believe you should learn stand up first then ground. Because every fight starts standing. So the way I look at it my opponent is mine for a couple of seconds.

scorpion

Comment

Well if you deliver a a heavy shot to one of the three buttons,you will either knock him out,or set yourself for the shoot.
              I could not understand this day in time,tryin to compete without the knowledge of both.

Comment

ITS VERY AFFECTIVE

Comment

Stand in my opinion is the most important part o fightin. Im not saying ground work isnt important, because i know it is. But a truly great standup fighter will not let a fight go to ground unless he wants it to.

Comment

Stand up is a key element for any fighter. You have to learn to be able to throw a punch, and put your body into it. Kicks can very easily keep your opponent at bay, setting up a nice combo can give you a window of oppurtunity to shoot. Grappling is important, but striking is as well. You need to able to punch, kick, grapple, and submit. If not, it'll either be a very long day, or a very short one.

Comment

Welcome to the forums demitri

Comment

Working...
                      X