Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd Mayweather the greatest to fight primarily out of the shoulder roll style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
    Having watched every fight available on disc or download from beginning to end of both James Toney and Floyd Mayweather I'm extremely confident Toney had superior shoulder rolling skills. Forgive me for not being impressed by isolated examples presented generically - and in my opinion without appropriate context as the basis for your argument. Toney and Mayweather fight/fought nothing alike. Floyd uses his shoulder roll as a fail safe against the ropes whilst squirming and moving in all directions predominately, Toney uses his standing completely still in the center of the ring - which is also admittedly somewhat generic but is more detailed and gives a bit of context to the argument. Of course, Toney has gotten hit more in various situations. There's FAR more risk involved the way he was using it. That doesn't mean he doesn't have the superior ability... Do I really have to spell that all out FCS? Don't we all know this stuff? Sorry, man. The truth is I've had these arguments too many times over the years lol. I should be more patient, my bad.
    I see your point.

I disagree with you but I get where you're coming from.

This got out of hand. I apologise for any disrespect, I respect you as a poster.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      Nah, I know. Was just "mouthing off" a bit lol. Respect that you have a good attitude about it. Credit to you, IDH.
      No worries brother.

Check that thread out though Just so you know I'm not lying about saying Maidana would be a real test for Floyd and his toughest fight in years. And also, it say Floyd's well passed his best aswell maybe fate set this up to show that I was talking about Floyd's decline before the fight, ha!

That's one thing I definitely don't do. I don't lie about my picks. Like everyone else on one day I'm a genius with a "How the hell did he know that?" pick, on the other I'm a doofus with a "What the hell was he thinking with that one?" pick.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I see your point.

I disagree with you but I get where you're coming from.

This got out of hand. I apologise for any disrespect, I respect you as a poster.
        No worries brother.

Check that thread out though Just so you know I'm not lying about saying Maidana would be a real test for Floyd and his toughest fight in years. And also, it say Floyd's well passed his best aswell maybe fate set this up to show that I was talking about Floyd's decline before the fight, ha!

That's one thing I definitely don't do. I don't lie about my picks. Like everyone else on one day I'm a genius with a "How the hell did he know that?" pick, on the other I'm a doofus with a "What the hell was he thinking with that one?" pick.
        Quality. Good stuff, my apologies. Appreciate what you're saying. Respect to you sir.

Comment

Well, McCallum still wasn't prime in 1991 anyway.

Barkley most definitely wasn't prime.

You're talking about hype jobs with Judah. Then what was Tim Littles? What's Jirov?

"Aren't **** hype jobs"

****ing OQUENDO s on there! Fres Oquendo!! That's actually included as a win and you're happy with that one?

Reggie Johnson? That supposed to be an impressive win? That's no better than Judah.

Mayweather's resume is clearly better and it seems like you have no clue what you're talking about.
          who really know how old mccallum is? i've seen him at 28 and he looked no different to when he fought toney besides being heavier(higher weightclass), w/e he lost physically wasn't too noticeable but that number 35 does make it hard to believe, great win for toney

barkley wasn't prime i agree, plodding style, lacking snap, also coming off some good wins tho

and i'm not nitpicking the guys post, i dont even know who the fuk oquendo is

and tim littles is a very accurate comparison to judah, although i'd have judah slightly ahead

and no way in fukin hell is reggie johnson "no better than zab judah" wtf? he was a "much" better fighter, widely considered robbed vs castro, toss up vs toney, toss up vs jackson, steve collins and plenty of very good little additions like lamar parks(>>>>>paris guy) for e.g

no one beat the guy clearly until he ran into roy jones and was shot vs tarver
          he could easily have all but 2-3 wins(including jones, tarver where he was past prime)
          can't compare the guy to a fuktard like judah

Comment

JUST edged it. Reggie Johnson.

I had him losing to Tiberi and Sosa and these guys aren't even good fighters.

I had him losing the second McCallum fight (The one he officially won), but I had him winning the first one (The one that was a draw) but both very close.

I had him losing the first Montel Griffin fight (Very close) but had him winning the second, still struggled.

Got absolutely dominated by Nunn until the KO.

Lost to Drake Thazdi, because of the weight but that's his fault for missing the weight.

Went life and death with Jirov.

This is a guy who's levels about Floyd?

IMAGINE if Floyd struggled with these guys. Just imagine it.
            really, got "absolutely dominated by nunn until the ko"? have you watched the fight at all? what rounds, or part of that fight did nunn "dominate", i think i remember one very good round for nunn, rest close or him getting the crap beat out of him, toney was ahead before the ko

but then again you had him losing vs sosa, i stopped watching that fight after about 8th rd, if i remember toney had it in the bag having won the first 6rd's or somesht, plus a kd, he didn't get kd'd in that fight did he? dont see how he lost it otherwise

Comment

Working...
            X