No announcement yet.

Marquez expected to get 15 $ million for Pacquiao 5th fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez expected to get 15 $ million for Pacquiao 5th fight

Juan Manuel Marquez (55-7-1, 40 KO’s) stands to make between 15$ million to fight Pacquiao (55-5-2, 38 KO’s) on April 12th, according to *********. Bob Arum of Top Rank wants Marquez as Pacquiao’s opponent for this fight date, and he doesn’t seem ready to take no for an answer.

It’s pretty easy to see why given Pacquiao’s incredibly low pay-per-view numbers for his last fight against Brandon Rios last month. After that disaster, Arum needs a proven PPV money fighter, and the only one he’s got that he can count on to boost Pacquiao to 1 million buys and over is Marquez.

With many pacman fighting Marquez, could get expect an additional 600,000 buys at the minimum, and that’s not Pacquiao bringing those fans in. You can bet that those fans wouldn’t be paying for the fight just to see Pacquiao.

They’d be fans of Juan Manuel Marquez paying to see him destroy Pacquiao for a 2nd time time and beat arguably for the 5th straight time after having lost twice by controversial decisions and robbed by a draw in his first fight with manny pacquiao. A lot of the fans would be paying to see Marquez put Pacquiao out of his misery and sending him into a permanent retirement.
    Read more...
    Last edited by priyass; 12-22-2013, 12:39 PM.

But Marquez like feeling. He want keep feeling. This feeling good. When Marquez want rematch, he get rematch. Marquez don't like feeling. Marquez win, no rematch, keep feeling.

Comment

Great payday for Marquez, his retirement pot. Totally worth the beating he will get

Comment

JMM-Bradley 2 wouldnt do 100k buys
        Pac-Bradley 2 wouldnt break 500k buys
        JMM-Pac 5 would get close to 1m buys

Comment

I think more people will tune In to see If Pacman can avenge his previous loss to Marquez, not to see Marquez destroy Pacman, because that KO will not happen again.

Comment

Thats more money than ever before for Marquez. It's most likely good enough. HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Personally I'd prefer a Bradley fight since Marquez is coming off a lose. But clearly a victory against Marquez would mean more for Pac (emotionally) than beating Marquez.

Won't increase pac's status too much if he wins, but we can expect another great fight.

Comment

I like JMM very much. One of my favorite fighters but didnt he just lose

Comment

Oh 15 mill i like that feeling too. Which feeling should i go with

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                  But Marquez like feeling. He want keep feeling. This feeling good. When Marquez want rematch, he get rematch. Marquez don't like feeling. Marquez win, no rematch, keep feeling.
                  Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
                  Oh 15 mill i like that feeling too. Which feeling should i go with

Comment

whine moan-uel wants to keep the feeling so he's stuck bradley, who will beat him again or providnikov, who he he'll probably beat but take serious damage against. maybe he can fly to indonesia and rematch the newly retired chris john. He can wear a t-shirt saying "I beat chris john one time"

Comment

Working...
                    X