This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I am interested to see how this case unfolds. For those of you who see the George Zimmerman as innocent, I actually understand to a degree. He has marks on his face indicating that he and Trayvon fought (or at least that there was a struggle) and he also has scratches on the back of his head (or did). Furthermore, Trayvon is not alive to give testimony as to what happened on his end on that unfortunate evening. Also, Trayvon is black. America has a history of disregard towards black people. It is very, very easy to associate a black body with crime and violence. That is part of the reason why so many black men are in prison.

The rumor about Trayvon attacking a bus driver, is not entirely true. That message was taken off of twitter and was made by a friend--the validity of that statement is in question. If he had attacked a bus driver, I would have expected there to be a better record of it. He was found, however, with jewelry on his person at one point (though no charges were filed and his parents were not notified) and he was suspended for writing 'WTF' on a school locker and skipping class. He was also caught with a marijuana pipe and a bag with drug residue. Most of these things make him out to be a typical teenager. However, George Zimmerman also has a bit of a storied past (one that is more extensive and serious than Trayvon's), I believe someone above me has already highlighted it.

Let me give an example as to why I think Zimmerman could be found guilty here. I'll give you a scenario. Let us say that two people are in a bar. Guy #1 is just drinking, minding his own business, when Guy #2 walks over and starts an argument with Guy #1. Guy #1 angrily pays his tab and walks out, but Guy #2 pursues him against the better judgement of the bartender. In the parking lot, Guy #1 confronts Guy #2 and a struggle ensues. Guy #2 happens to be armed and fires on Guy #1, killing him. Do you know what happens when the police arrive? They likely arrest Guy #2 and charge him with second degree manslaughter. Why? The answer is because Guy #2 provoked Guy #1, fought with him, and then proceeded to kill him.

Provocation. That's key here. Much like Guy #2, George Zimmerman did provoke the incident. He was told not to leave his vehicle and pursue (in a rather weak manner, but he was told not to, nonetheless), and he did it anyway. He also went completely against the rules of the Neighborhood Watch. Why? Did he know that Martin had been accused of theft before? Did he know that the boy had smoked marijuana? Was there some sign above Martin's head that detailed his criminal history. No, there was not. So what made Zimmerman get out of that car? He certainly did not have any additional information about Martin aside from his appearance. Where was the evidence to give him reasonable suspicion? Let's cut through this ridiculousness and call it for what it is. He profiled Martin because he happened to be a relatively tall, young black male wearing a hoodie.

The only reason why I feel Zimmerman is not in prison right now is because Trayvon was a young black male. It is easy to criminalize a black male, very easy. We are used to seeing black criminals on television, we are used to hearing about them and fearing them. Also, did none of you stop and think that many people feel the same way that Zimmerman does? There are break-ins in a neighborhood, and there is a black kid wearing a hoodie walking down the street--most people would probably think the exact same way that George Zimmerman did. However, most people would have simply (and wrongfully) called the police. He took it a step further and it led to a boy being killed.

Comment

• When some of you youngsters have kids maybe you'll think differently about praising this young man death.
        Last edited by Trigger unhappy; 06-25-2013, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Wtf someone said its easy to associate black men with crimes.

I find that statement to be highly offensive and I'm not even black. The only people associated with crimes are criminals and regardless of color it's the correct call.

Comment

• Why would you find that offensive? Police officers do it all of the time. It's called profiling. Have you never heard of associating certain things with a certain body? Things like violence, ignorance, stupidity and excessive sexuality have been associated with black bodies historically in an attempt to depict black people as animals, or being less than human and barbaric. I mean, we do it now with Mexicans. Many Americans (especially those in the south and southeast) have come to associate illegal immigration and menial labor with a brown, namely Mexican, body.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
              The only thing that matters is what happened that night, but we can go down that route if you want. Zimmerman is the only one with a record in this case. He assaulted a police officer in 2005 and had a restraining order put on him by his girlfriend. Plus, he made 46 calls to 911, including one ridiculous instance where he reported a 7-year-old black boy for being "suspicious." Yes, there were some burglaries in his area, but that's no excuse to profile every black dude you see. White dudes don't get profiled just because a few are known to shoot up school children and crowded theaters.
              Yes and what happened that night is George Zimmerman got the **** beaten out of him in a vicious, cowardly assault.

Sure, you can make the argument he shouldn't have been following Trayvon, that Zimmerman was a racist, this, that and the other but the fact remains Zimmerman did NOT initiate a physical confrontation, following someone is NOT illegal. If I was getting my head smashed off the concrete by some tall, athletic black dude and despite my screams for help he wasn't stopping and no one was coming to aid me? Yeah, I'd have no choice but to shoot him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTTAG145 View Post
                You're pulling the same crap that you accuse others of pulling. I am a registered Republican, a gun owner, member of the NRA, and veteran of the armed forces

I'm as conservative American apple pie as it gets and I believe Zimmerman is at fault as the adult he should not have place both lives in danger by acting irresponsibly.

I would like you also to go following your neighbors kids at night for 10 minutes lets see if you don't get arrested or worse killed.

This is some biased logic right here and requires people to forget that Zimmerman caused the whole thing by pursuing Martin.

If Zimmerman stayed in his vehicle and minded his own business and allowed the actual authorities to do their job none of this would have happened.

People want to bring up Martin's past like Zimmerman had access to that information in his car before he chose to pursue Martin.

Well lets talk about Zimmerman's past he's been confirmed to have a history of violence and anger. He's only gotten off because of the connections of his judge father.
                In July 2005 he was arrested for resisting an officer with violence.
                In August 2005 his fiance had a restraining order against him for domestic violence
                Over the 8 years living in Sanford, GZ called the police department 46 times, obviously obsessed, with suspicious black males
                Also Witness #9 GZ's own cousin alleges that he abused her as a child, and that he has expessed sentiments against black people
                “I know George. And I know that he does not like black people,

Also Witness #9 on GZ's character :“He would start something. He’s a very confrontational person. It’s in his blood. Let’s just say that. I don’t want this poor kid and his family to just be overlooked.”

All of this points to Zimmerman being the culpable party. Now he might get off but that doesn't change the fact that he is responsible for the death of another human being, just like OJ Simpson. And just like OJ even if he gets off Karma and justice has a way of coming back around.
                I read to "You're pulling the" and stopped reading there, Trayvon caused this by beating the **** out of George Zimmerman for following him, case closed. Following someone isn't illegal, beating someone to a bloody pulp is, Trayvon is in the wrong, not Zimmerman. You're not debating the law you're criticizing how Zimmerman behaved well news flash, Zimmermans behaviour ISN'T illegal, Trayvons was. Case. ****ing. Closed.

Comment

• The guy was a thug which the media tried to portray as some angel.. i wont say he deserved it.. but he is certainly no big loss to the world.

Zimmerman was just trying to protect his area.. and did nothing illegal..got a beating from a 6.5 young thug in his prime and protected himself.

And this attack was about Racism? No i think the people crying about this act of defense are racist.. Black on black crime is far more rife.. and no one bats an eyelid.

The new form of planking/Travoning as they call it is a bit to far though :lol1;

Comment

• Originally posted by fishscale View Post
                    I read to "You're pulling the" and stopped reading there, Trayvon caused this by beating the **** out of George Zimmerman for following him, case closed. Following someone isn't illegal, beating someone to a bloody pulp is, Trayvon is in the wrong, not Zimmerman. You're not debating the law you're criticizing how Zimmerman behaved well news flash, Zimmermans behaviour ISN'T illegal, Trayvons was. Case. ****ing. Closed.
                    Good day to you too sir. Harassing and chasing somebody without a badge is illegal.
                    When you can't refute the obvious and logical reasoning you get angry. Well then don't bother coming in my thread and posting then. Get out and matter of fact be honored that you will be the first added to my ignore list.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                      It's trial, bro.

True.....and btw, you are a ***

Comment

Working...
                      X