Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Golovkin Ripped, Putting in Work For Rosado

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, that's it. I have to ask this question, it's been bothering me for a while now.

What is the joke behind the Gabriel Rosado hype?

Every post I see of him reminds me of the sarcastic Charlie Zelenoff jokes that make him out to be a great fighter.

So what is the deal? Unless Golovkin is seriously overrated, he should be able to dispose of this journeyman Rosado easily. I don't know why this fight has so much hype behind it. If Golovkin is as good as he's being made out to be, this should be a TKO under 5 rounds for him.

Comment

He does look to be in good shape. But he shouldn't need to be in order to beat the 154 pound Rosado.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Okay, that's it. I have to ask this question, it's been bothering me for a while now.

Every post I see of him reminds me of the sarcastic Charlie Zelenoff jokes that make him out to be a great fighter.

So what is the deal? Unless Golovkin is seriously overrated, he should be able to dispose of this journeyman Rosado easily. I don't know why this fight has so much hype behind it. If Golovkin is as good as he's being made out to be, this should be a TKO under 5 rounds for him.
        I think the hype is for the matchup and GGG tbh...and the fact that Rosado style should make it good for TV. Rosado seems to have fans in his local area and has been on a run, so it's just good timing for the fight. Good location for him as well....I think ppl are just confident we will see something fun and can't wait. GGG needs to get his bank up quickly in order to secure the big MW fights we want to see and Rosado is the the type of opponent to do that with.

Comment

golovking looks like kostya tyszu's brother

Comment

Man.. he looks a little like Wreck it Ralph

Comment

Like Garcia, Rosado is a jack-of-all-trades in the skills department. He can box behind a high guard and use his height/reach, he can counter, or he can bang it out. He's versatile enough to where he can switch up tactics if something isn't working and give the opponent a different look. Personally, I find his inside game to be impressive for a guy with his reach. He's shown power/toughness/tenacity and has a killer instinct, so he makes for entertaining fights. I also like his trainer too, seems very knowledgeable and gives me the same vibe that Richardson does. I don't think he'll win, but I don't think he's coming with any other mindset, so the fight will be good for however long it lasts.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 12-27-2012, 07:44 PM.

Comment

i think the excitement about rosado and this fight stems from his style. he's an aggressor. rosado and golovkin will provide fireworks until golovkin starts to land. i'm expecting a clinical knockout in the early-mid rounds. golovkin will take a shot or two himself. he's available to be hit, and rosado will throw.

Comment

Floyd is ducking Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Like Garcia, Rosado is a jack-of-all-trades in the skills department. He can box behind a high guard and use his height/reach, he can counter, or he can bang it out. He's versatile enough to where he can switch up tactics if something isn't working and give the opponent a different look. Personally, I find his inside game to be impressive for a guy with his reach. He's shown power/toughness/tenacity and has a killer instinct, so he makes for entertaining fights. I also like his trainer too, seems very knowledgeable and gives me the same vibe that Richardson does. I don't think he'll win, but I don't think he's coming with any other mindset, so the fight will be good for however long it lasts.

you're giving rosado way too much credit. he's not a skilled fighter at the world class.

Comment

Golovkin in 7

Comment

Working...
                      X