No announcement yet.

'Sugar' Ray Robinson vs Roy Jones Jr. at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Sugar' Ray Robinson vs Roy Jones Jr. at 160

Who would win this fight of ultra talented middleweight legends? Keep in mind Robinsons first loss came at 160 and Roy Jones Jr. was considered unbeatable during his reign at 160 and some said he might of been just as good or even better then 'Sugar'.
    'Sugar' Ray Robinson
    66.67%
    Roy Jones Jr.
    33.33%

Comment

Originally posted by Viciousz View Post
      Who would win this fight of ultra talented middleweight legends? Keep in mind Robinsons first loss came at 160 and Roy Jones Jr. was considered unbeatable during his reign at 160 and some said he might of been just as good or even better then 'Sugar'.
      hmmm, roy was a bit green at that weight class. I think he was alot more experienced at 168. Jones has the size, speed, and power advantages cause he's naturally the bigger guy, even though i won't count out the master, he could catch roy clean and send him to bed in the late rounds.

Comment

u cant compare these two fighters cuz u cant compare their eras with eachother in which they fought.

but to the topic I think Sugar Ray would knock him out.

Comment

Roy was still kind of green at 160 and Robinson was a proven MW, could go either way, I'd favour Roy because of his speed and athleticism, he would most probably be able to control the pace of the fight although Robinson's experience, ring savvy, pressure and power could pull through.

I'm not going to vote :S

some said he might of been just as good or even better then 'Sugar'.
          Can't say if he was better then Sugar, there isn't much footage of Robinson at Welter (and what there is of it is poor) which was his best weight, a lot of people said that he wasn't the same when he moved up to MW and he lost significant speed. Hard to believe looking at what he accomplished though.
          Last edited by NChristo; 08-16-2010, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Imagine getting to see all of Sugars fights at welter, damn. lol

Comment

yall are smokin crack...

Comment

Working...
              X