No announcement yet.

Cotto: I would love to face Pacquiao at a catchweight of 145 Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto: I would love to face Pacquiao at a catchweight of 145 Pounds

Cotto would liek to fight 3 times this year and Manny Pacquiao is an opponent he'd like to take on. "If Manny Pacquiao wants to stay at 147 and face one of the biggest names in the division, I'm available." Cotto said. He would even agree to face Pacquiao at a catchweight of 145.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 01-19-2009, 04:39 AM.

Mismatch of epic proportions.

Pacquaio should stay far away from Cotto and Margarito.

Comment

It would be a great fight but there's really no point to it besides money.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
        It would be a great fight but there's really no point to it besides money.
        I think Pac would be knocked out before the 4th round. Beating an old Oscar is one thing. Beating a powerful and fast Cotto is another. His combinations would seriously hurt Pac.

Comment

exactly. cotto would probably rip him apart. it would be a good match though, like against Torres, only this guy is faster and stronger. actually... it would be an interesting matchup to see.

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
            I think Pac would be knocked out before the 4th round. Beating an old Oscar is one thing. Beating a powerful and fast Cotto is another. His combinations would seriously hurt Pac.
            I don't really see it as being a blowout, I don't think Pacquiao would get blown out by anyone at 147, Cotto would probably win but Pacquiao would make it competitive and their styles would make for a great fight, I have no doubt about that.

Comment

I would love this fight to be at 140. If a 44 year old Hopkins can move down 5 lbs why can't he? He spend his whole career at 140. Pacquiao just moved up recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                I don't really see it as being a blowout, I don't think Pacquiao would get blown out by anyone at 147, Cotto would probably win but Pacquiao would make it competitive and their styles would make for a great fight, I have no doubt about that.
                We havent seen if Pac can take 147 power yet. Oscar had no power, and looked physically weak. I just think people are expecting too much from Manny. He has moved up so many weight divisions, and is a small guy anyway. Sooner or later he will get caught clean and his chin might not be able to take it.

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
                  We havent seen if Pac can take 147 power yet. Oscar had no power, and looked physically weak. I just think people are expecting too much from Manny. He has moved up so many weight divisions, and is a small guy anyway. Sooner or later he will get caught clean and his chin might not be able to take it.
                  All I know is that Pacquiao will make it competitive and exciting, if he does fight Cotto, his chin will definitely be tested and it probably won't pass the test because he was stunned by Marquez multiple times at 130, hard to see him taking Cotto's best without going down.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeDamnSure View Post
                    Cotto would liek to fight 3 times this year and Manny Pacquiao is an opponent he'd like to take on. "If Manny Pacquiao wants to stay at 147 and face one of the biggest names in the division, I'm available." Cotto said. He would even agree to face Pacquiao at a catchweight of 145.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns
                    Sounds good... But i think Cotto is too big for Pac but i don't doubt Pac beating Cotto... Too much speed on him...

Comment

Working...
                    X