No announcement yet.

Calzaghe is arrogant and overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Good stuff, let me try to respond accordingly.

Calzaghe/Kessler

I just didn't like Kessler going into that fight, not personally, personally I think he's an ace guy. But I didn't see anybody on his record that Joe wouldn't handle with ease. And I agree with your point on respecting Joe's style, it's hard to respect. From a technical standpoint he does everything wrong, yet always wins, which is frustrating to a guy like me who knows he's not that good.

You're spot on about Manfredo as well. I'm a guy who takes this sport very seriously, and anybody who ends up in the big time thanks to a television show doesn't have my respect because they didn't earn it the right way. They got a "pass go, collect $200" card essentially.

But Joe acted as if Manfredo was some type of real credible guy, and ontop of it all, it was a hometown stoppage. Manfredo got hit with what? 6 of those 20 slaps? I mean I know he's dog****, but surely even he could stand up to that.

About Calzaghe/Hopkins, obviously I thought Joe lost that one. But the only real thing you need to know about that fight, aside from Hopkins dishing out the more effective blows and making Joe look foolish, is what was said in the corners before the bell to sound the beginning of the 12th and final round.

Hopkins corner was calm, cool, and collected. Roach told him he was winning. Big surprise right? That's not the interesting thing.

The interesting thing is that Joe's own father told him he was losing the fight, not just before the 12th, but EVERY time Joe went back to his corner. He was pushing him, shouting, telling him he was losing, etc... I've never seen Enzo act that way in the corner. He knows his son should've lost that night.

Great post man, make sure you tell Roy tomorrow we're counting on him over here to finally shatter the myth of this joke Calzaghe once and for all. We're all pulling for him here.

And get me an autograph!
    You and WESS have some good stuff comign from this thread. Very nice. Keep it up.

Comment

Working...
    X