Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson Resumes His Career in Trenton, NJ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up until Kovalev, Chad Dawson beat Hopkins better than anyone has beaten Hopkins. Dawson and Hopkins wasn't even close.

Comment

[QUOTE=Boxingwizard;16328285]

With ALL due respect but I dont accept anything from you because as far as I know u are simply a screenname on a message board giving his opinion on things he knows nothing about. Chad didnt fire me. I QUIT before the Ward fight...I just finished out my duty so as to not disrupt his focus. I made up my mind weeks before the that I was done win or lose. Thats FACT. Chad didnt just stop listening to me in terms of what I was telling him...you didnt grasp exactly what I was saying happened...he listened but he was focused on other things that werent there before the Hopkins fight. A totally ready and focused Chad was a problem for anyone.

Comment

PS: The Hopkins fight hurt him? The one where he won the WBC title and looked very good doing it over a legend? I dont know where youre going with that idea but...OK...

Comment

dawson is responsbile for stevenson's bum parade. if he had just lost to someone with dignity imagine what would have happened. ruined boxing for years

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
            With ALL due respect but I dont accept anything from you because as far as I know u are simply a screenname on a message board giving his opinion on things he knows nothing about. Chad didnt fire me. I QUIT before the Ward fight...I just finished out my duty so as to not disrupt his focus. I made up my mind weeks before the that I was done win or lose. Thats FACT. Chad didnt just stop listening to me in terms of what I was telling him...you didnt grasp exactly what I was saying happened...he listened but he was focused on other things that werent there before the Hopkins fight. A totally ready and focused Chad was a problem for anyone.
            You don't have to accept anything from me, this isn't about me being annoymous, but you need to watch that fight again, Dawson was not in control of that fight, it was extremely close, even after the fight in interviews Hopkins still think he won, and I can't say I completely disagree. It was not a convincing win. How can you as a trainer be satisfied with a questionable decision? Chad should have won that fight convincingly. You say I don't know what I'm talking about, but anyone can see that he was fighting Hopkins the wrong way, anyone can see that Chad was badly struggling and barley landing any punches.

Dawson couldn't do **** with his jab, he looked so vulnerable defensively because he was fighting flat-footed chasing Hopkins, it looked odd, he didn't look like he was in control of that fight at all. FACT, Chad got that cut in his eye from head-hunting not from Hopkins fighting dirty. At the end of the fight who looked more beat up? Dawson did. It's not a coincidence that's Chad career took a nose dive after the second Hopkins match.

Yes I am aware (as well as most boxing fans) that you were fed up with Dawson, but it doesn't matter that he fired you or you quit, you're getting away from the real discussion. And Chad was distracted from what? You said everything was clicking in preparation for Hopkins. Obviously I don't know what happened behind the scenes, as fans all we see is the fight, and if the fighter is doing something wrong, than the fighter or the trainer is making a mistake.
            Last edited by Boxingwizard; 12-17-2015, 07:54 AM.

Comment

PS: The Hopkins fight hurt him? The one where he won the WBC title and looked very good doing it over a legend? I dont know where youre going with that idea but...OK...
              He didn't look good at all, most people who saw the fight live in the arena saw Chad missing the majority of his punches, a lot of people were surprised how good Hopkins fought against a much younger fighter. Floyd Sr said that Chad could have fought much better. It was a really close fight, as a trainer you shouldn't accept close questionable decisions.

No offense if you honestly believe that, than you are just blind.

Comment

I do NOT agree...not at all...once Chad hit his stride in the 7th round going into the 8th there was NO question we were winning. At the end there was ZERO doubt. NONE. It was a competitive fight and as a matter of fact the day after the fight I did an interview where I believed Hops showed me he has a lot left and that he was going to win another world title against a more stationary target...and he obviously did.

If YOU honestly think that was a close or controversial fight or whatever, thats on you, thats YOUR opinion. Ill take my opinion all day every day and apparently the judges agreed. NO ONE said it was a robbery or anything close to that...Chad was very much in control of the pace and distance over the first two rounds...Hops came back for three rounds and was getting his rhythm and looking like trouble...but once we changed strategy after the 7th? FORGET ABOUT IT. It was NO trouble after that. Period.

Comment

I do NOT agree...not at all...once Chad hit his stride in the 7th round going into the 8th there was NO question we were winning. At the end there was ZERO doubt. NONE. It was a competitive fight and as a matter of fact the day after the fight I did an interview where I believed Hops showed me he has a lot left and that he was going to win another world title against a more stationary target...and he obviously did.

If YOU honestly think that was a close or controversial fight or whatever, thats on you, thats YOUR opinion. Ill take my opinion all day every day and apparently the judges agreed. NO ONE said it was a robbery or anything close to that...Chad was very much in control of the pace and distance over the first two rounds...Hops came back for three rounds and was getting his rhythm and looking like trouble...but once we changed strategy after the 7th? FORGET ABOUT IT. It was NO trouble after that. Period.
                  One of the judges had a draw, FACT there were rounds where Hopkins was landing just as much as Chad. Chad didn't win by UD, he won by MD. As a matter fact Hopkins was glad with the decision going to MD, he didn't want a draw probably because in a third fight, Chad would have cleaned up his mistakes, and he made plenty. He wasn't control of the pace he looked vulnerable defensively, there is a difference, why do you think he had two cuts in his eyes? There were times were Chad had to land punches by only head-hunting (see round 9).

Say what you want, but his career took a nose dive after the fight, I don't think Chad saw it as a glorious win. Did you even ask him how he felt about the fight? It shouldn't have been that close. People kept saying it was the Ward fight that was his downfall, I don't think that's true at all. I think it was more of a case of Ward fighting someone who was damaged goods, and someone who wasn't satisfied with his recent victory.
                  Last edited by Boxingwizard; 12-17-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

You have NO IDEA what u are talking about. Literally no clue. If you were there during training camp for Ward and saw what went on you would know for sure. For you to claim the Hopkins fight, the biggest win of his career over the guy he wanted to fight since 2004 when I first started training him...clear win...and u think THAT was the beginning of his problem?

Thats like a guy reading about a Hollywood couple getting divorced and then commenting on where things went wrong with them.

Comment

Dawson-Hopkins 2 was not a close fight. It was a clear win for Dawson.

Dawson outlanded Hopkins in all but 2 rounds, where they landed the same amount of punches.

"Dawson missed majority of his punches".

Dawson landed almost 50% of his power punches to Hopkins 30%.

Dawson kept Hopkins at one of his lowest connection rate in the last decade before that fight.

126 to 82 power punches in favor of Dawson, 151 to 106 total punches, and Dawson outlanded Hopkins in 10 of 12 rounds. I'm very sorry but if you think that fight was close, you need to stop scoring fights and just stick to only watching boxing for entertainment because you clearly can not score a fight. Hopkins was ineffective, Dawson won and it's not even debatable.

Comment

Working...
                      X