No announcement yet.

Bowe vs Lewis 1993 - What should the split have been

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    the fight was not open to purse bids,, why should we not believe Bowe?
    It would have been had bowe not thrown title away...

Why should we not believe lennox?

Do you really think bowe is gonna be truthful even if it makes him look bad or is gonna try and make himself look good?

Comment

The split should have been right between Bowes lips after Lewis would have knocked him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        It would have been had bowe not thrown title away...

Why should we not believe lennox?

Do you really think bowe is gonna be truthful even if it makes him look bad or is gonna try and make himself look good?
        Why should we believe Lennox & not Bowe?..It is fact that Bowe offered Lennox $10 million in 95 when neither held a world title. Lewis turned it down, even tho it would have been a career highest payday at that time..

Comment

To say one fighter was solely to blame is silly. Neither seemed particularly interested.

I really don't see what the fuss is about anyway. Why should I give a flying **** about a millionaire's wages?

This is one of these made-up discussion points for bored people. A bit like the petabytes of Internet space devoted to movie box office.

I can't believe the number of people who actually get worked up over whether "Titanic will beat The Phantom Menace" or "Batman" to beat .... meh!

Comment

Why should we believe Lennox & not Bowe?..It is fact that Bowe offered Lennox $10 million in 95 when neither held a world title. Lewis turned it down, even tho it would have been a career highest payday at that time..
            I don't believe either side, truth probably lies inbetween, but the main thing is that it could have been forced to a purse bid if bowe really wanted the fight.. He would have got the champion share of the highest possible purse or lennox would have to tuck his tail and back out if lennox was truly ducking..

Bowe not allowing a hugely lucrative purse bid to transpire shows he wasn't interested in the fight..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              I don't believe either side, truth probably lies inbetween, but the main thing is that it could have been forced to a purse bid if bowe really wanted the fight.. He would have got the champion share of the highest possible purse or lennox would have to tuck his tail and back out if lennox was truly ducking..

Bowe not allowing a hugely lucrative purse bid to transpire shows he wasn't interested in the fight..
              Bowe was undisputed champion.. he had 3 official No1 contenders, Lewis being one of them. The big money for Bowe was a rematch with former champion Evander Holyfield. Lewis was unheard of outside Canada & the UK

Comment

Bowe was undisputed champion.. he had 3 official No1 contenders, Lewis being one of them. The big money for Bowe was a rematch with former champion Evander Holyfield. Lewis was unheard of outside Canada & the UK
                That's a blatant lie

Everyone in America knew who lennox was, he had been televised on hbo several times and had already dramatically and soundly beaten ruddock...
                Hell I was just a kid then and I knew who lennox was..

How did tyson, wlad, and Holyfield all carry three belts for years, Yet bowe can't even go one full calendar year with all 3..

Comment

Working...
                X