I would live to see Floyd in a fight where he is not expected to

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would live to see Floyd in a fight where he is not expected to

...win.

A bit like when Oscar moved up to middle to fight Hopkins, i would love to see Floyd challenge himself and actually fight someone where the result isnt predetermined. Challenging Sergio Martinez at middleweight would be a good start. Floyd has been favourite for every fight hes had for the last 10 years. Its boring. He wont fight the only guy who has half a chance of beating him (Pacquiou) and i cant see him moving up in weight and fighting a prime light middle (Cotto isnt in his prime).

Who's a prime 154lber? I think most everyone at 154lbs is ancient or green. Don't think anyone there is prime. Canelo is about the only guy I'd think is close to prime & ODLH already said they weren't interested in fighting Floyd quite yet.

Comment

thats the problem, floyd is pretty much expected to win over everyone, from martinez to pac, hed be the favorite. in order to find someone who would be expected to win over him, hed have to go to 160 if not 168 probably.

Comment

So want to see Floyd vs Wlad, good fight IMO!!

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          thats the problem, floyd is pretty much expected to win over everyone, from martinez to pac, hed be the favorite. in order to find someone who would be expected to win over him, hed have to go to 160 if not 168 probably.
          I agree, 160 isnt exactly stacked so prob 168... as ridiculous as this sounds it's the nearest weight where Mayweather wouldn't be clear favorite. Even then he probably does well against the top 5, assuming he can handle their strength.

Comment

Floyd would still be a favorite against Martinez, the pac fight before was the closest. fans were 55-45 something on who they are rooting for

Comment

Floyd is not known for being a risk taker so that day will never come. It would be easy to fight someone who is expected to b eat him but he wont take it. Fight Sergio at 160, people would expect floyd to lose. Fight Pac at 147 that would be the most likely hed lose up til this point in floyds career, simply cos pac would be the best hes faced.

Comment

I agree, 160 isnt exactly stacked so prob 168... as ridiculous as this sounds it's the nearest weight where Mayweather wouldn't be clear favorite. Even then he probably does well against the top 5, assuming he can handle their strength.
                he even had a competitive time with a not-really-close-to-prime-but-healthy-cotto, i dont think he can handle those at 168 by just weighing 150 at fight night the top 20 guys of 15 probably not the top 5.

Comment

How interesting is it that we are looking to fights that are borderline blatant mismatches for Floyd?

He would be the favorite agains Pac, Martinez, Alvarez, etc etc. He would actually have to move to 168 (or a catchweight) and fight Andre Ward in order to be an underdog.

To me, it speaks very impressively of his career.

Comment

that wont happen.

floyd would be favored to win against any reasonable oponent. only way not to would be to move waaaay up in weight and that makes no sense. hes better of proving himself at a weight where hes comftorable beating and dominating the best there rather than handicapping himself just for the hell of it.

floyd has no business fighting over 147, its been proven twice. nobody at 147 pac included would be favored to beat him so he should be a favourite in every fight until he loses a step or a fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X