Technique on heavy bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technique on heavy bag

Hey guys

My Boxing gym had closed, and im moving to a new City next summer, so i am currently working on my jabs hooks and footwork, aka basics i have learned. My brother is a former Pro, so i send him videos also to get feedback.

What do you guys think? I know the video is bad filmed.

http://

Hey! Don't work on heavy bag till you learn how to throw punches with proper form, otherwise that will produce bad habits in your technique in the future. Work on mirror more, under the supervision of a trainer.
    As for this video, what can I see: too many unnecessary movement, and look at your jab - before throwing it you are dropping your hand down first, then throwing, that's a very big flaw, don't let it develop into habit! Goodluck with your training, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by NomiNee View Post
      Hey! Don't work on heavy bag till you learn how to throw punches with proper form, otherwise that will produce bad habits in your technique in the future. Work on mirror more, under the supervision of a trainer.
      As for this video, what can I see: too many unnecessary movement, and look at your jab - before throwing it you are dropping your hand down first, then throwing, that's a very big flaw, don't let it develop into habit! Goodluck with your training, mate.
      Thank you mate, i Will try to do more shadowboxing, and remember the jabs. And less movement, been thinking about that one too.

I just wanna learn Boxing for fun and self defence, no competing.

Comment

Originally posted by Moller View Post
        Thank you mate, i Will try to do more shadowboxing, and remember the jabs. And less movement, been thinking about that one too.

A lot of people I know bought taebo for that purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          A lot of people I know bought taebo for that purpose.
          LOL, not sure if that was a joke or not but it made me laugh.

As for your heavy bag, I prefer tighter hooks, if you go wide make sure to move your head so you don't absorb a counter. I've also been trained for speed versus power, so your jabs should be faster in my opinion.

If you're not going for technique though than I guess it doesn't matter how you throw lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Moller View Post

Step with your punches, move with your punches/feet around the bag. Put your feet in rythme with your hands...….Rockin'

Comment

Working...
            X