No announcement yet.

Need Help Recalling Name Of A Recent Boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Exactly bump my friend. I instantly recalled his name when you bumped this today.

Kirino Garcia

http://boxrec.com/boxer/3890
    Interesting dude. Beat Taylor and Randall, first bout against Bobby Gun. Fought superstar suspect Buck Smith! Lol. Fought to a Marcos Reyes, who just recently fought Lemeiux. Das that Mexican Warrior grind.

Comment

I thought it was Daryll Pickney but it is not. I will keep brain storming

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
        Interesting dude. Beat Taylor and Randall, first bout against Bobby Gun. Fought superstar suspect Buck Smith! Lol. Fought to a Marcos Reyes, who just recently fought Lemeiux. Das that Mexican Warrior grind.
        LOL, Buck Smith, a Tuesday Night Fights legend.

Staggering record that meant nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Excellently timed bump my friend. I instantly recalled his name when you bumped this today.

Kirino Garcia

http://boxrec.com/boxer/3890
          Yes, yes, yes!!!

Thanks, man. I knew I wasn't crazy. Kirino Garcia. His story should be a part of boxing legend and lore. 0-18. Didn't quit...and then won 25 of his next 26 fights! Guy lost 18 in a row, every fight he ever fought, and then peeled off 25 wins.
          0-18! And he kept going!

Thanks. I'm never forgetting his name again.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Mas View Post
            This goes back about 15 or so years. Wonder if anyone can recall this fighter with the very strange W-L record.

Late '90s early 2000s I was watching (probably) ESPN Friday Night Fights (could have been another program, but point is it was in America). One fighter stepped into the ring with (once again, not sure exactly) a record of 18-17. Strange record. Then the announcer said something that made that record even more bizarre. Announcer said that the fighter actually lost his first 17 fights! This fighter at one point was 0-17, didn't quit the game, and then reeled off 18 straight wins!

Anyone have any idea who this fighter was? Once again, my details are a bit sketchy, the record could have been 16-15, 19-16...but the main detail is the guy lost a large number of fights in a row, didn't quit the sport, and then won a large number of fights in a row. Who was he?
            Sounds like Orlando Salido to me, less weight doe

Comment

Working...
            X