Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Groves vs Callum Smith, WBSS 168lb Final

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groves, I dont think Smith is as experienced at this level and hasn't really been that active lately. kind of depends on Groves shoulder but if he's fully fit then I think he takes it.

Comment

The fact that this fight is happening in Saudi arabia (On a friday) has lessen the hype, and its on PPV here in the UK on ITV. That doesn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Yea it wouldn't be THAT big a shock if we end up seeing Eubank Jr vs Smith with Groves shoulder issue.
        what?

groves vs smith is this week lol

there is gonna be no late replacement

Comment

No DAZN advertising makes me kinda wonder

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            what?

groves vs smith is this week lol

there is gonna be no late replacement
            Didn't Smith get like a 24hr or less replacement in his semifinal fight?

I think its possible with how the WBSS operates. Is it likely? No.

Comment

Surprised I'm not really seeing anyone talking about this fight coming up this coming weekend.

Not excited for this fight?

Who you got?

And random question...isn't this supposed to be on DAZN? I'm not seeing it on the schedule unless I'm looking at something wrong.
              Pointless fight. Couldn't they find someone with a pulse fo fight Groves?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                No DAZN advertising makes me kinda wonder
                It was only a couple weeks ago it got announced so idk if that was enough time or not to come up with advertising for it or not. But yea it wasn't on the schedule so thats kinda weird when the fight is just around the corner is all I know.

Maybe the time zone got DAZN dudes confused or something idfk.

I just wanna see the fight & I was under the impression DAZN bought it based on the link I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
                  Pointless fight. Couldn't they find someone with a pulse fo fight Groves?
                  This is kinda how a tournament works.

Its actually a pretty close fight in the odds. Think Groves is only a -180ish favorite. Which for boxing is mad close. All you cats thinking Groves is a lock need to be going harder on this fight. I got $ on Groves myself, but his shoulder bs has me going lighter on it then I may have otherwise.

Comment

This is kinda how a tournament works.

Its actually a pretty close fight in the odds. Think Groves is only a -180ish favorite. Which for boxing is mad close. All you cats thinking Groves is a lock need to be going harder on this fight. I got $ on Groves myself, but his shoulder bs has me going lighter on it then I may have otherwise.
                    Some of these guys should just fight for regional titles like the Merseyside Champion if it exists. Nothing special about Callum. No disrespect he is a very good human being and has good character but seriously how did he even get into the tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
                      Some of these guys should just fight for regional titles like the Merseyside Champion if it exists. Nothing special about Callum. No disrespect he is a very good human being and has good character but seriously how did he even get into the tournament?
                      Lotsa people were super high on him going into this tournament & in general if you remember.

Not me. I was cracking on him early on if you dig up old sh^t about this, but the reality is he did have a easy bracket to the finals & it got made easier with him getting a late replacement in the semis. I had Braehmer upsetting him in the semis, but dude caught the flu or some such bs.

That said I don't think he's a bad fighter. And I will say I think he's world class. He's indie ranked #8 in the world on TBRB as we speak. So idk about him being regional or national at his best. But yea I think he's getting his ass handed to him & likely KO'd vs Groves unless Groves is a lil too careful/easy on Smith cuz of his shoulder so he's not gonna get on top of the world class level.

Comment

Working...
                      X