Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko-Pedraza Shifts To MSG on 12/8, New Plans For 12/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    No sport treats it's fanbase as bad as boxing does.
    Boxing is totally different from everybody else.
    Who goes up against the NBA?
    NFL, MLB. Those are the tops in their sports.

MMA has a few others that try to compete with the UFC but Bellator is no competition.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Wilder/Fury is the much better fight. It's for a HWT title. I would think boxing fans would choose that.
      Wilder/Fury will cost $70, Loma-Pedraza is free. I think more people will watch the latter and for most casual fans in general they will think "why pay $70 when the p4p best is fighting for free?"

Like I said I doubt these shows will compete. I think it will be Wilder/Fury up against something like Zurdo/Hart II.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Wilder/Fury will cost $70, Loma-Pedraza is free. I think more people will watch the latter and for most casual fans in general they will think "why pay $70 when the p4p best is fighting for free?"

Like I said I doubt these shows will compete. I think it will be Wilder/Fury up against something like Zurdo/Hart II.
        You sure it's gonna cost that much? Even if it doesn't if it's PPV more fans will watch the free fight rather than the PPV unless the PPV has a major star.

Comment

Wilder v Fury will flop as a US Ppv.....Flabby Pillow-fisted Fury(unknown to casuals) Vs Windmill Wilder - the most unpopular multiyear US Hw Champ Ever!! Good luck.

Comment

I will pay $70 to see an evenly matched unpredictable heavyweight title bout between 2 unbeaten warriors. This Loma fight should be free, until he fights Mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by Dle View Post
              This Loma fight should be free

Well, it is.

Comment

So loma/pedraza might go head to head against fury/wilder?
                The time zone might affect what time they start but id rather watch loma than windmill

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  No sport treats it's fanbase as bad as boxing does.
                  Then you have whole weekends with no fights at all but for some reason big fights on the same damn day. This sport is so damn frustrating at times.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    Then you have whole weekends with no fights at all but for some reason big fights on the same damn day. This sport is so damn frustrating at times.
                    That is a ton of boxing, but in my humble unimportant opinion it is no different than having all the NFL and college football crammed into three to four months, or all the basketball competition through spring. All sports have seasons, and if Boxing gets great ratings in December, I get the need to strike while the iron is hot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      This puts us as fans in a crappy position yet again. Loma is the better fighter but Wilder/Fury-if it goes off as rumored-is the much better fight.

So fans are forced to choose rather than putting the fights on different weekends so we can enjoy both.

Always us fans that lose out.
                      Originally posted by chrisJS View Post

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
                      So loma/pedraza might go head to head against fury/wilder?
                      The time zone might affect what time they start but id rather watch loma than windmill
                      Wilder-Fury is rumored Dec 1st at the forum. Loma-Pedraza is Dec 8th at MSG.

Comment

Working...
                      X