Tank is stuck at 130 and 135 forever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
    He has the frame of a 126 pounder
    Maybe that's true but the whole boxer has to make weight, not just his frame. Tank can't make 126 and stay strong so his best way to go is to fight at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I'm inclined to think the same way, but there are always exceptions to rules. Avtandil Khurtsidze was a high level 160lber & I think he was only an inch or two taller than Tank with T-Rex arms himself.

Edit: According to Boxrec Avtandil is 5'6 & Tank is 5'5 1/2...anyone confirm those numbers are correct?.
      According to wikipedia Danny DeVito (Daniel Michael DeVito Jr.) is 4 ft 10 in (147 cm)

Comment

Imagine him trying to go toes with Prograis or Taylor and getting stretched.

Comment

So what???

Moving up for the sake of moving up is stupid. Marvin Hagler & Carlos Monzon stayed at 160 and are considered 2 of the greatest fighters of all-time.

Guys should fight at the weights they're best at or where their body frame dictates them to be at.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            So what???? Boxers are supposed to fight in their natural weight class not a weight class that is way too heavy for them that they don't belong in. Tank is not stuck at 130-135.On the contrary that is his best fighting weight and that is exactly where he should fight. The only good reason for a boxer to move up in weight is if he outgrows the weight class he is in. To fight above your best weight just to brag about it is a big mistake. Look what happened to good fighters Donaire and Gonzales when they moved up one weight class too many. If Tank can stay at either 130 or 135 and beat the best at that weight he can build a great record for himself. If he is not good enough to do that then he would get beat much worse fighting in a heavier weight class he doesn't belong in.
            I disagree. The only reason Tank would be at 135 or even 140 is because he's undisciplined. If he stopped drinking and kept his body fat percentage down in between fights, he'd easily make 130 or lower. And he'd be fighting guys who are cutting as much or more weight than he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
              According to wikipedia Danny DeVito (Daniel Michael DeVito Jr.) is 4 ft 10 in (147 cm)
              What does boxrec list him at tho?

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                at 140 and above he will get dominated. It wouldnt even look right at those weight classes. 5'3" with those stubby azzz arms. He would look like a short pudgy midget at welter.
                I thought he was 5 foot 7? thats his listed height isnt it?

That dude is starting to balloon in weight like Marcos Maidana you can tell Tank is going to be a fat fu.kker when he gets older

Dude is a stocky short guy he was wider than Broner and that says a lot Broner has those fat genetics (look at his pops)

Gervonta does look like a Cabbage Patch kid

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  I thought he was 5 foot 7? thats his listed height isnt it?

That dude is starting to balloon in weight like Marcos Maidana you can tell Tank is going to be a fat fu.kker when he gets older

Dude is a stocky short guy he was wider than Broner and that says a lot Broner has those fat genetics (look at his pops)

Gervonta does look like a Cabbage Patch kid

No way in hell tank is 5'7" maybe in high heels

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                    No way in hell tank is 5'7" maybe in high heels
                    I think you right, broner is 5 foot 6 and he dwarfs tank by 3 inches.

Comment

Working...
                    X