Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Spence moves up to 154 woud you favor him to beat....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right now, all of those guys would probably beat him. Spence still needs to prove himself at 147. His best win is a guy who got destroyed by GGG and went back down in weight and was drained, lets give Spence time before we start saying he'd be able to compete at 154. If Ali was still there then I'd say that'd be Spence's best chance.

Comment

Spence will be a dwarf in the 154lbs division. I mean the Charlos are 5'10/5'11" and not even the tallest.
      Hurd, Munguia and Castaño are at least 6' tall.

Bigger opponents mean he cant bully them as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        You talking Spence? Meh, technically sure but those were all mainly catchweight fights at like 149 or 150. Not uncommon for young prospects until they get ranked with a sanctioning body and start fighting at the exact weight of the weight class.
        Yea I'm talking Spence, who else would I be talking about?What do you mean meh? He fought in the Am's at JMW and the majority of his career has been at JMW. The ony thing to MEH about is how he's been fighting bum after bum. He's 28 and got a laundry list of bums on his record.

Spence has been pro since 2012 and been a JMW since 2008 when he was 17 which was 2.5 years after he started Boxing. Spence is a JMW thats been a weight bully at 47. No possible argument to the contrary.

Spence should be hitting 160 by now and I'll tell you why he's beating up on small fighters, because he can't hang at the bigger weights. Zero defense, takes plenty of shots on the chin and his power I'm SURE doesn't hold up at the bigger weights either. Angles are the same, same jab, come forward, hit the body, the end.

I've been a fan of Spence since 2006 since I saw some of his amateur fights and been following him his entire career. But I can only stand behind someone so long and the argument about nobody wanting to fight him is pure horseshít.

Paul Williams did the same thing. Started out bigger and shrunk down, but when Paul did it and nobody wanted to fight him, he moved up. Spence ain't moving up and he ain't moving up for a reason.

Comment

Only lara and Munguia. I think he loses to Hurd and Charlo. Though Charlo would be a close one

Comment

It’s hard to say but I think J Rock, hurd, and Charlo beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by McDonough View Post
              Yea I'm talking Spence, who else would I be talking about?What do you mean meh? He fought in the Am's at JMW and the majority of his career has been at JMW. The ony thing to MEH about is how he's been fighting bum after bum. He's 28 and got a laundry list of bums on his record.

Spence has been pro since 2012 and been a JMW since 2008 when he was 17 which was 2.5 years after he started Boxing. Spence is a JMW thats been a weight bully at 47. No possible argument to the contrary.

Spence should be hitting 160 by now and I'll tell you why he's beating up on small fighters, because he can't hang at the bigger weights. Zero defense, takes plenty of shots on the chin and his power I'm SURE doesn't hold up at the bigger weights either. Angles are the same, same jab, come forward, hit the body, the end.

I've been a fan of Spence since 2006 since I saw some of his amateur fights and been following him his entire career. But I can only stand behind someone so long and the argument about nobody wanting to fight him is pure horseshít.

Paul Williams did the same thing. Started out bigger and shrunk down, but when Paul did it and nobody wanted to fight him, he moved up. Spence ain't moving up and he ain't moving up for a reason.
              Hilarious how you want to cherry pick those early catchweights as if a lot of those prospects don't have fights like that. How many times has he actually been over 150? I bet most were those 148-149 catchweights. I mean by that standard, what exactly is Keith Thurman? Fought plenty of those same types of catchweight fights and has been at WW longer. Is he a weight bully too?

Fought at JMW in the amateurs? Buddy 152 is the WW limit in the amateurs as the next lowest one is at 141.

Why should Spence be hitting 160? Has he ever missed weight at 147? And why would he leave that weight class without clearing it out or proving to be the top guy? You say he has fought nothing but bums, so why move up before proving himself?

See Spence and Charlo next to each other and tell me Spence should be hitting 160 already. What a stupid argument. So should Hurd be hitting 168 by now with his size?? Should Munguia be hitting 160 with his size?

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                It’s hard to say but I think J Rock, hurd, and Charlo beats him.
                JRock isn't beating him.

Charlo is interesting, but word out of camp there is Spence gets the better of him. Spence is a better talent so I'd go with him there.

No clue about Hurd of Munguia. Those two are HUGE 154 pounders. Spence would have to adjust his style a bit to beat them.

Comment

Hurd stops Spence late. Charlo UD's him, Lara is 50/50 he stops trout. Munguia probably KO's him.

Comment

Spence won't have much success at 54 honestly. He relies on size to bully his man and wear them down. He won't have that and doesn't have the boxing iq to fight differently.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                      ....Jermell Charlo, Hurd, Erislandy Lara, Castaño and Munguia?
                      I would favor him to beat Charlo, Castano and Lara and lose to Munguia and Hurd. He should stay at 147. He is full grown 28 year old man who's growing days are over. He makes 147 with ease and nobody can beat him at 147. For his last fight he weighed 156 on fight night. Lara, Jermell and Hurd all weigh 168 give or take a pound on fight night. Munguia weighed 176 for Smith on fight night. i hope that explains why Spence should not make things harder on himself by moving up and fighting the top 154 pounders who will outweigh him by anywhere from 8 to 18 pounds on fight night.

Comment

Working...
                      X