Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest and/or Fastest Combos ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For pure speed, I'd have to go with Meldrick Taylor....he had the fastest hands I've ever seen. He unleashed a 10 or 12 punch combo in Round 8 or 9 of the first Chavez fight that was literally a blur. I can still see the look on Chavez's face as he tried to get out of the way while the punches kept coming; he looked like a man being accosted by a swarm of bees. Incredible speed.

Comment

But you have to admit, that Jones-Pazienza 3rd RND **** was narly as hell. If ya'll don't have it, either but his career on boxingvideodepot.com, not the best quality but most are pretty good. Or you can download Limewire and get alot of fights from that, including Jones-Pazienza.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
        That is overrated. It wasnt THAT fast. The quality was very ****ty too. It was fast, but Roy Jones has doen much faster combos.

Tyson vs Jamison was sick.
        I'm sure Roy has thrown faster. But he threw fastest at 168. Ali was a heavyweight. P4P Ali and Tyson are faster than Jones IMO.

And I wouldn't say he has done "much faster combos". Ali threw 12 punches or so in less than 3 seconds. And they weren't at a bag, or shadowboxing, they were with gloves on, in a fight situation, and he KO'd London. Those punches weren't just for show, he got KTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by hellfire508
          I'm sure Roy has thrown faster. But he threw fastest at 168. Ali was a heavyweight. P4P Ali and Tyson are faster than Jones IMO.

And I wouldn't say he has done "much faster combos". Ali threw 12 punches or so in less than 3 seconds. And they weren't at a bag, or shadowboxing, they were with gloves on, in a fight situation, and he KO'd London. Those punches weren't just for show, he got KTFO.
          At heavyweight Ali has produced the fastest combos although i like the slightly slower but more powerful and accurate combos against cleveland williams over the brian london one. Joe louis and mike tyson the best combination of power/speed. Duran deserves a mention, look at the combo that dropped Iran Barkley... he managed to throw a feint in there which was rather impressive.
          Last edited by Heckler; 08-03-2006, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hellfire508

12 punches? You're overhyping it.
            The quality was not good enought to show it, and it sure as hell werent 12 punches in 3 seconds. Ali aint superman. They were a few punches in a short period of time imo, ive seen Tyson make punches just as fast.

You guys should see Roy pull out this combo on this guy, i dont remember his name but Roy did like 5 left hooks in such a short period of time, it was ****ing amazing.

Comment

Leonard v. Hearns I- It's amazing that SRL was able to throw so many punches in the 13th round. Check the 1:20 mark of the video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fN26fJqvo...0ray%20leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Heckler
                At heavyweight Ali has produced the fastest combos although i like the slightly slower but more powerful and accurate combos against cleveland williams over the brian london one. Joe louis and mike tyson the best combination of power/speed. Duran deserves a mention, look at the combo that dropped Iran Barkley... he managed to throw a feint in there which was rather impressive.
                I agree on all counts.

The Williams fight, if you didn't know Williams was shot (literally), you would think Ali had excellent power. He couldn't miss, and seemingly floated on air that night. For sheer speed though, the London one was amazing.

I agree with the Tyson and Louis part, speed and power they put together was outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
                  12 punches? You're overhyping it.
                  The quality was not good enought to show it, and it sure as hell werent 12 punches in 3 seconds. Ali aint superman. They were a few punches in a short period of time imo, ive seen Tyson make punches just as fast.

You guys should see Roy pull out this combo on this guy, i dont remember his name but Roy did like 5 left hooks in such a short period of time, it was ****ing amazing.
                  It's definately 12. He throws 4, then stops for a split second, then throws 6 quick ones, then lands the big left-overhand right at the end. He starts throwing just after 16 seconds (maybe 16.5) on the video, and finishes right on when it ticks over to 20. Thats 3.5 seconds.

Which fight did Tyson do it? I'll look it up. I'm happy to stand corrected, I love seeing combos like that.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
                    For pure speed, I'd have to go with Meldrick Taylor....he had the fastest hands I've ever seen. He unleashed a 10 or 12 punch combo in Round 8 or 9 of the first Chavez fight that was literally a blur. I can still see the look on Chavez's face as he tried to get out of the way while the punches kept coming; he looked like a man being accosted by a swarm of bees. Incredible speed.
                    meldrick taylor had the fastest hands ever, and threw more technically punches then jones, if he wasnt a north philadlephia fight and try to be joe fraizer, he would of been one of the best ever.he started fighting instead of boxing and not using the gifts that he had

Comment

On You Tube you can watch Roy Jones Jr's music video (don't give up the day job). He makes a reference (and there is a clip) to smashin some unfortunate geezer round the head with four left hooks. who is that referring to? and is there a better clip of the fight anywhere?

Comment

Working...
                      X