Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been here since 2005, the worst thing to happen were the Floyd fans from 2008 on

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharoah View Post
    Its free to look at boxingscene archived threads from then. You know that right?

Or do you think you would have to have an account here to be able to dig up so old threads?
    Or maybe you're just Chollo Vista's alt

Comment

Originally posted by Porter's Dad View Post
      It's not just them - they're just the most egregious group, IMO. But the whole site is full of lame groups not prepared to be honest.

I remember when beefs were the Mexicans and Ricans/Pinoys going after each other Those seemed stupid at the time but nothing like compared to what we get now.

I swear I can log in now and see Golovkin be accused of ducking Saunders, Jacobs rematch and Canelo in one day. Unfortunately, GGG has incurred the wrath of two powerful groups - the TMTers and the Canelo fans.

After Floyd, the two fighters that have caught the most heat (and mostly from the TMTers) is GGG and Pac. Isn't that crazy? Two badass, brilliant exponents of the game get constantly **** on by fans with agendas.

Man thats what the majority of threads were, Mexicans, Ricans, Pinoys going at it, mostly the Ricans would team up with the Pinoys to go at the mexicans it was all fun though they would talk **** but no Snitches or race crying victim players, crying racism, times have changed when we used to post on here you could post nude chicks and even talk Race and not get butt hurt, I used to diss white people like crazy I was a white guilt liberal back in the day and would get mad at any white person who didnt sympathize with blacks.

Pacquiao was basically the man in those days, thats why you can spot a floymo when they say things like Pacquiao was piggy backing off Floyd name or where was Pacman in 2007? or 2005 lol, Floyd was Mannys biggest fan. If they followed boxing for real they would know that.

Cotto, Hatton, Calzaghe, Winky Wright and Jeff Lazy were the guys people were hyping up big time also. And the pro white guys wer always on Klitschkos jock lol

Valero also had a huge following on here man things were different, all I remember was when Floyd was talked about it was like the same 5 guys, and people would post Floyd ducking Margarito threads.

They started following Floyd when 24/7 got hot and was posted on all the hip hop sites and youtube came around.

Comment

So you missed the days where everyone blindly hated on Floyd Mayweather? And when he got fans that could cogently defend him was the worst time on this board? Do you understand how moronic this thread is?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharoah View Post
          Its free to look at boxingscene archived threads from then. You know that right?

Or do you think you would have to have an account here to be able to dig up so old threads?
          So you just randomly search archived threads from 2004/2005?

Comment

Boxing Beats has his tongue firmly up Anthony Joshua's a*shole and supports him no matter what - lol his stuttering friend is stupid too. AJ is a u*cle t*m C*ON.

Comment

The majority of the Pac tards left, you're upset that you can't drown out the Mayweather fans with your ******ed bullshit anymore.

Comment

The Golovkin nuthuggers and haters are the worst thing to happen to NSB, because they're an extremist branching off of the stupid Mayweather-Pacquiao fan rivalry. They make those days look sane and fun compared to the stupidity now.

Comment

It was different back then because 2006 and 2008 was the worst period of Floyd's career (outside of an obviously strong 2007)

2006 with the Margarito debacle and the Baldomir fight and 2008 "retiring" for no apparent reason.

For this, Floyd got A LOT of stick. So much so that the previous 10 years of his career was ignored.

Where the problem arises is posters like you TS and others from that era live in the past. You can't seem to leave that 1-2 year period where Floyd was ridiculed constantly and ignore the great work he did in the following 8 years and the decade prior to it and just want to always be like "the good old days" when Floyd was the butt of all jokes. Unfortunately when he keeps beating guys he's supposedly ducking it's difficult to maintain.

Take daggum as a prime example. He's the epitome of a poster from that era.

Comment

Mayweather fans are the only ones I ever saw act like they were getting a piece of a fighters paycheck every time he fought. The majority like him because he's black and he has money but they don't know **** about boxing as a sport. Now they jumped on Wards dick as if he some beautiful vision to watch in the ring. They say PAC fans jumped ship to GGG and yeah that would make sense because he's actually fun to watch, the same as PAC was for years.

Their hate for non black boxers is utterly ridiculous to me. They're all over Lomachenko now, a guy that paints a masterpiece of talent when you watch him fight that we haven't seen in many many years but they hype up Errol Spence as if he's the next coming if Christ himself because he beat Algieri and A journeyman that's 40. The racial stuff is just plain ignorance on their part. It's not everyone, but there's a handful of them on here that honestly would have been better off just being aborted. Too much? Haha...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      It was different back then because 2006 and 2008 was the worst period of Floyd's career (outside of an obviously strong 2007)

2006 with the Margarito debacle and the Baldomir fight and 2008 "retiring" for no apparent reason.

For this, Floyd got A LOT of stick. So much so that the previous 10 years of his career was ignored.

Where the problem arises is posters like you TS and others from that era live in the past. You can't seem to leave that 1-2 year period where Floyd was ridiculed constantly and ignore the great work he did in the following 8 years and the decade prior to it and just want to always be like "the good old days" when Floyd was the butt of all jokes. Unfortunately when he keeps beating guys he's supposedly ducking it's difficult to maintain.

Take daggum as a prime example.
                      He's the epitome of a poster from that era.
                      floyd would never take on a prime daggum! he keeps beating guys he ducked? yes after waiting for 5 years. some people dont think that is all that impressive and is worthy of criticism. some people think its all the same. in any other sport if you waited 5 year to play the best contender you think you would get a lil backlash? in boxing fanboys dont care. he made you eat your words! cool story and i guess fenech made all the azumah nelson fans eat their words when he beat a 50 year old nelson? all the same right? you are not going to change your standards now are you? nelson was just as good just like cotto, pac,mosley etc..were just as good

Comment

Working...
                      X