Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO losing subscribers... Boxing getting cut?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Which ever promoter offers the best fights get the HBO Dates and not being stuck show a guy you have a contract with fight a WEAK OPPONENT just because you have that guy under contract
    That's the way I think they should do business.

But they are greedy for that PPV money so they try to lock up the few existing pay per view stars with contracts. Even if it means they have to feature them against weak opponents in showcase fights.

It's kind of like the old pro wrestling model. You got the stars against the jobbers on regular tv...but to see star vs star you had to buy PPV.

Comment

Boxing is such a tiny portion of a long list of programs that HBO dont give a fuk.. it is ridiculous to think that HbO is losing subscribers due to boxing lol..

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

Man, I really have no clue what IPTV is nor do I what you're talking about so I'm gonna have to give this stuff a read.
        All it is, Internet based TV, you need some sort of Internet connection to watch, whether its on your phone or your house, once you have Internet, then you can browse thru your channels as if you had a cable.

They usually have way more affordable packages for cord cutters, I tried Direct TV NOW and Sling TV, both are good, but I found myself not watching enough TV most of the time, so I just bought a HD antenna, that way I can still get some channels.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopymiller View Post
          I doubt it... Fox needs sports content and will bid accordingly. HBO is a dead issue for UFC.

They make 10,000X more on original programming than sports so it would be stupid to spend $100 million+ annually on any sport.
          I think there could be some surprising people in the market for the UFC next time out that'll test Fox's loyalty to MMA. I think Netflix could swoop in & steal it if HBO doesn't make a play as you are suggesting.

I actually think Netflix would be the best option for the UFC in 2018 over Fox or HBO. Netflix should be passing HBO with worldwide monthly subscribers in the next year or two & I believe they've already passed HBO in US subscribers. Might even alter the PPV market with the UFC getting a bigger piece of the pie by throwing their PPV's on Netflix as another option & really changing PPV marketplace. The whole viewing entertainment model is influx & will be altered in compelling ways over the next few years.

Comment

Still don't know why Netflix, or other similar service providers, is still not offering live boxing events. I've seen Youtube live events for free with perfect uninterrupted stream, and it stands to reason they can offer PPVs at a much lower cost than on cable. Or I may be missing something I don't have a clue in.

Comment

one way they waste money is to have 3 overpaid guys as commentators. I can imagine how much more money they waste

Comment

Working...
              X