No announcement yet.

Vasyl or Rigo...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    rigo is a tremendous fighter and a fantastic amateur but with lomachenkos record and his medal acheivements coupled with that, i dont really see how he cant be perceived as the greatest amateur ever.

I don't think Rigo is even the greatest amateur from Cuba.
    They are both up there, right up there and between the two its splitting hairs really.
    They probably both have a case for the greatest non HW amateur of all-time but for me Rigo fought the better competition & has 6 Cuban national titles & took gold in three world cups but on the flip Lomachenko's numeral statistics are better.

Comment

Whites will vote lomachenko...Non-Whites will vote Rigo...Real fans dont care and just wanna see them fight each other...

Comment

Both spent too damn long in the amateurs

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
          Rigo beat Gennadi Kovalev?

On another note, I see he lost to Carlos Cuadras by L WO, does this mean Walk out?
          WO is walk over, it means one of the fighters didn't show up, or were unable to fight due to other reasons such as a cut.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
            Loma is the amateur GOAT

Rigo is just a pretender who wasnt man enough to face Loma in the pro ring, he knows Loma would spank him

Rigonduck deserves hate from the fans for depriving us of a fight for the ages
            just like how he was ducking donaire than whooped his a$$ and boxingscene members were pissed lol.

ducking ducking ducking ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              They are both up there, right up there and between the two its splitting hairs really.
              They probably both have a case for the greatest non HW amateur of all-time but for me Rigo fought the better competition & has 6 Cuban national titles & took gold in three world cups but on the flip Lomachenko's numeral statistics are better.
              Like you said,

Lomochenko has 5 notable gold medals to his name in international competition.

Rigondeaux has 9 + 6 cuban national championships.

They are both astonishingly skilled and talented. Id say Rigondeaux has the better pedigree.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                Like you said,

Lomochenko has 5 notable gold medals to his name in international competition.

Rigondeaux has 9 + 6 cuban national championships.

They are both astonishingly skilled and talented. Id say Rigondeaux has the better pedigree.

Been a long time since I seen that avatar, it brings back great memories.
                I might have to bring it back this Feb.

Comment

Been a long time since I seen that avatar, it brings back great memories.
                  I might have to bring it back this Feb.
                  Its the best there is.

Comment

Laszlo Papp greatest ever for me. 3 time Olympic Gold winner (first to do it) Even Teofilio Stevenson agrees with me on that.

Two other EE amateurs I admire are:

Jerzy Kulej (two time Olympic gold medal winner who defeated the great Dick McTaggart)

Oleg Saitov (Val Barker winner & two time Olympic gold winner)

There were a couple of great threads on soviet amateurs a while back on ESB in the European lounge. I think they were called ranking the soviet amateurs & ranking the soviet Heavyweights. Summat like that.. I think someone may be able to find them out if so inclined.

Comment

Working...
                    X