No announcement yet.

Jessie Vargas says he won't go to the UK wants brook fight in Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AliBombaye View Post
    Everyone should want to fight in the Mecca of boxing, don't see the problem.
    Vargas does no business in Vegas, and no Vegas property is willing to put the required site fee money up to offset the amount of money Matchroom would be able to generate for the fight in the UK (Kell Brook apparently made $1.5m for his last fight).

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

@3.48

Miss leading title he never said he would not go there matter of fact check out the video from ESNEWS he says they have to pay him more money to go there ( which is standard practice as champion).
      Kevin Bizier, if rumors are true, took home almost $750k for fighting Kell Brook; what type of money is Vargas even looking for?

Comment

Don't go. I'm sure as hell not clamoring for a Jesse Vargas fight

Comment

I think he would come if they compensate him quite well, he has a belt and he would be travelling. Brook is at a crossroad right now, he needs a better fight than just mandos

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

@3.48

Miss leading title he never said he would not go there matter of fact check out the video from ESNEWS he says they have to pay him more money to go there ( which is standard practice as champion).
            But Kell Brook is also a champion, Vargas's wbo title doesn't give him any advantage here. Brook beat Porter to win his title, Vargas won a vacant title.

Comment

This is a fight that should be easily made, location should NOT be an excuse for this fight not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                Don't feel like watching the interview but I wouldn't blame him. I wouldn't trust fighting in UK. They stop fights on a whim and very good chance they'd be pro Brook. If Brook wanted to build his name effectively then he'd fight in Vegas. But I guess he's only interested in wasting his career fighting nobodies for minimal earnings because his handlers convinced him that if he loses, it's over
                He's better building his name in the UK where his fans reside, however he needs good opposition willing to travel to do that.

Brook will have no trouble with Vargas, the latter is not on his level.

Comment

this big stiff ijit canet even foit!

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Kevin Bizier, if rumors are true, took home almost $750k for fighting Kell Brook; what type of money is Vargas even looking for?
                    You are putting a champion in the same category as Kevin Bizier?
                    Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                    But Kell Brook is also a champion, Vargas's wbo title doesn't give him any advantage here. Brook beat Porter to win his title, Vargas won a vacant title.
                    This is for a unification not a bum mandatory -- common sense.

Comment

Vargas scouts judges better than anyone. He gots more bs decisions then anyone people are talking about in boxing right now lol. He ain't fighting Gavin in the UK, let alone Brook. Although Brook is enough of a threat to him I wouldn't expect him to wanna fight Brook anywhere unless Arum booked the judges.

Comment

Working...
                      X