Collapse
No announcement yet.

James DeGale: Will Andre Ward fight me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James DeGale: Will Andre Ward fight me?

James DeGale: Will Andre Ward fight me?

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/jame...ward-fight-me/

What a convenient time to look big and call out Andre Ward, right after Andre signs to fight at 175 for 3 fights on hbo. Puh-leeze.... If he were serious about this he would have gone after Ward instead of this joke fight with Bute. He's such an unconvincing champ that Froch is ready to come out of retirement to steal that belt.

Comment

Ward is gonna whip that fool!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        Ward is gonna whip that fool!
        I wouldn't be so sure.

DeGale knows how to break out of clinches and avoid head butts.

Comment

Lol.

Why didnt DeGale make a play for a Ward fight when Ward was available? Instead he chose a never-was in Lucian Bute.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            What a convenient time to look big and call out Andre Ward, right after Andre signs to fight at 175 for 3 fights on hbo. Puh-leeze.... If he were serious about this he would have gone after Ward instead of this joke fight with Bute. He's such an unconvincing champ that Froch is ready to come out of retirement to steal that belt.
            Umm he has been calling out Ward, for two years that I know of. Hell he said after he beat Dirrell, I'm paraphrasing, that Ward was a ***** and would never fight him. So no he is'nt just calling him out at a convenient time. If memory serves, Ward could of fought DeGale instead of Edwin Rodriguez.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Lol.

Why didnt DeGale make a play for a Ward fight when Ward was available? Instead he chose a never-was in Lucian Bute.
              From what I understand, Ward has turned down DeGale twice. Never know with certainty since Ward won't speak his name.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                Umm he has been calling out Ward, for two years that I know of. Hell he said after he beat Dirrell, I'm paraphrasing, that Ward was a ***** and would never fight him. So no he is'nt just calling him out at a convenient time. If memory serves, Ward could of fought DeGale instead of Edwin Rodriguez.
                So, he went with Bute.... Right, convincing argument. Degale is mediocre and would be up shyt creek without a paddle if he ever got in the ring with Ward. We all know it, but NSB is a fantasyland where we make up alternate realities.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  Lol.

He's been calling him out for awhile.
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/james-deg...ight-me--91432

I can't find any support, but I'm pretty sure there was an article saying that Ward turned him down.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                    From what I understand, Ward has turned down DeGale twice. Never know with certainty since Ward won't speak his name.
                    Do you have a source for Ward turning down Degale?

Not that it would surprise me one bit. Ward has turned down Bute, Kessler and Froch while taking on a murderers row of dishwashers.

Comment

Working...
                    X