Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lakers may trade #7 pick and Steve Nash to 76ers for Carter-Williams and T. Young???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the city of Los Angeles should throw a second parade if this trade happens

Comment

It'd be nice to see Nashty Nash on my beloved Sixers. Too bad he's 317 years old now.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
        It'd be nice to see Nashty Nash on my beloved Sixers. Too bad he's 317 years old now.

and injures himself if he sneezes hard enough

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          But if the Sixers draft Exum, he plays 1 or 2. Michael Carter Williams already plays the point. I think Marcus Smart is on their radar, then possibly even Julius Randle at 10.

You'd basically have a new crew of Exum, Smart, and Randle right away.....

Thaddeus Young is a good role player, nothing more really. Michael Carter Williams is pretty good but not franchise changing.

thing is, you know you don't need a franchise player at every position. MCW was already rookie of the year, but if they think Exum has the chance at being the only franchise player they can net at 3, then by all means.

i think the sixers get jobbed on that though. MCW is still very young. At worst I'd trade him for a top 5 pick. after that the talent starts to get thinner and thinner. i don't see randle falling to 10 nor smart falling to 7. smart is a top 5 talent, and randle is a top 7 talent at least.

unless they plan on trading 3,7, and 10 to the cavs for the first pick since they're pretty much in love with wiggins, then i suppose it make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
            thing is, you know you don't need a franchise player at every position. MCW was already rookie of the year, but if they think Exum has the chance at being the only franchise player they can net at 3, then by all means.

i think the sixers get jobbed on that though. MCW is still very young. At worst I'd trade him for a top 5 pick. after that the talent starts to get thinner and thinner. i don't see randle falling to 10 nor smart falling to 7. smart is a top 5 talent, and randle is a top 7 talent at least.

unless they plan on trading 3,7, and 10 to the cavs for the first pick since they're pretty much in love with wiggins, then i suppose it make sense.
            Thing is, Michael Carter Williams is pretty good.....BUT they sucked so bad this year, he was basically freed up to do WHATEVER he wanted. His numbers were probably at least a little inflated due to that.

Here's how I see it....

Wiggins and Parker go first.

At 3, Exum has to be the pick for the Sixers. Exum will be the real deal and a perennial all star 5 years from now.

At 4 or 5, either Utah or Orlando will gamble on Embiid. It's the same injury that killed Bill Walton and Yao Ming, but if it heals properly which it has for other players.....that could be a steal. I think one of these teams takes a chance. The other team probably takes Noah Vonleh, who's been projected to go higher than Smart, Gordon, or Randle.

Then at 6, Boston still thinks they can sign Rondo to a long term deal, no way they take Marcus Smart then. They take either Julius Randle or Aaron Gordon, who can play the 2 or 3.

Then at 7, Philly could get Marcus Smart. Play him and Exum in the backcourt....man that'd be nasty.

At 8, because I think Boston rolls with Julius Randle at 6, Gordon probably goes to the Kings.

Then at 10, who knows??? Randle could fall because of the foot, though I doubt it. Even still, Philly could get someone like Saric, Payne, or McDermott.

That could totally alter Philly's franchise for the next decade. This draft is pretty deep. Michael Carter Williams is good but not franchise changing.

Comment

I don't care if Embiid is hurt or not. If he falls to Orlando they better take him. As special as Exum may be, there are plenty of good PG's in the draft for them to go for after that.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                I don't care if Embiid is hurt or not. If he falls to Orlando they better take him. As special as Exum may be, there are plenty of good PG's in the draft for them to go for after that.

why would you take another center when you already have a stud in Vucevic?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Thing is, Michael Carter Williams is pretty good.....BUT they sucked so bad this year, he was basically freed up to do WHATEVER he wanted. His numbers were probably at least a little inflated due to that.
                  that's the case for a lot of star players when they come into the league though. I'm not saying they shouldn't trade him, I'm saying he's worth more than the 7th pick.

Here's how I see it....

Wiggins and Parker go first.

At 3, Exum has to be the pick for the Sixers. Exum will be the real deal and a perennial all star 5 years from now.
                  if they feel this strongly about it, they should draft him regardless of a possible mcw trade. the league is very wing heavy these days, and having two long, guards who can facilitate is a great problem to have.
                  At 4 or 5, either Utah or Orlando will gamble on Embiid. It's the same injury that killed Bill Walton and Yao Ming, but if it heals properly which it has for other players.....that could be a steal. I think one of these teams takes a chance. The other team probably takes Noah Vonleh, who's been projected to go higher than Smart, Gordon, or Randle.
                  i think wiggins goes first, parkers goes second, but i think what philly does is anyone's guess. i could see them taking exum, embiid or smart, who's been touted as d-wade II, and who could have been the first pick last year.

Then at 6, Boston still thinks they can sign Rondo to a long term deal, no way they take Marcus Smart then. They take either Julius Randle or Aaron Gordon, who can play the 2 or 3.
                  I'm not sure what boston will do. it's been mentioned that ainge will consider trading rondo if they don't get love this off season. i think if embiid falls to 6, ainge is taking him without a doubt. they've drafted some duds in the past few seasons, and i would think that they would go with bpa, embiid, injuries and all is too good to pas up at 6.

with wiggins and parker going 1 and 2, and there being some malleability between teams picking between 3 and 6, and the likes of exum embiid and smart on the board, i think many different things can happen.
                  Then at 7, Philly could get Marcus Smart. Play him and Exum in the backcourt....man that'd be nasty.

At 8, because I think Boston rolls with Julius Randle at 6, Gordon probably goes to the Kings.
                  i don't see boston taking randle. they've got sullinger, and i don't think randle would be enough to satiate rondo.

i've got

1.cavs-wiggins (obvious pick)

2.bucks-parker(don't have much of a choice with embiid breaking down)

3.sixers-exum (again, bpa)

4.magic-smart(bpa, though i think what they do is anyone's guess. things get tricky with the magic. the draft changes with what they do)

5.jazz-vonleh (just seems liek the kind of pick the jazz would make.)

6.bos-embiid (boston bites on embiid unable to resist what he might become if he becomes healthy. they'll have flashes of them tanking for duncan and failing. they'll draft embiid if he's there)

7.lakers-peyton (if the lakers are smart, they'll pass on the randles and the gordons, and reach for a guy that i think could be the paul george of this draft.)

8.kings-randle (it's an obvious value pick)

9.hornets-gordon (is about as good a guess as any)

10.sixers- kyle anderson (might not be a sexy pick, but he's got a lot of skill. a point forward type. I'd actually offer this pick to the thunder for steven adams who's going to be a really good center for years to come.)

Then at 10, who knows??? Randle could fall because of the foot, though I doubt it. Even still, Philly could get someone like Saric, Payne, or McDermott.
                  i think if teams are smart they go for the value picks. this draft is relatively top heavy ith a few guys scattered in between that could be really good like anderson and napier.

That could totally alter Philly's franchise for the next decade. This draft is pretty deep. Michael Carter Williams is good but not franchise changing.
                  hope springs eternal, and draft picks are good to have, but with as much capspace as they have, if i where a sixer fan, i would hope they aren't strickly looking at the draft to change the teams fortune. if the sixers come away with one perennial all star in this draft without having to trade mcw, they're on their way.

mcw-smart-lance stevenson-noel-adams. looks like a decent core of young guys.

Comment

LA isn't going anywhere without a legit big man combo.

Comment

Working...
                    X