Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some new "Rock" bands I should check out???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're not really new, but Muse is good. The Orwells have a great song I've been hearing lately but I don't know how they are outside that song, and almost anything Jack White does is good. Queens of the Stone Age are still awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
      You should check out the first Oasis album 'Definitely maybe', that's a great album, I play it at least once a day.

Once a day, wow and you ain't bored yet? I was bored of it by 95.

Comment

Originally posted by stefjonno1 View Post
        Once a day, wow and you ain't bored yet? I was bored of it by 95.
        Yeah it's on my USB stick in my car and it takes me an hour to get to work and back each day, so I listen to it near enough every day.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Are The Mars Volta any good???

i definitely wouldn't call the mars volta a rock band. they're f#cking wierd. it's almost like jazz, depending on the album.

i wouldn't worry too much about "new rock music." it's all awful.

Comment

Well, the Littlest Viking is local rock group from here in Southern California. I believe this is called Math Rock. I just feel strongly about their music, since it's great.

And this is Steel Panther, no introduction necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
              Well, the Littlest Viking is local rock group from here in Southern California. I believe this is called Math Rock. I just feel strongly about their music, since it's great.

that drummer sounds like he's jamming with two different bands at once

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                that drummer sounds like he's jamming with two different bands at once
                Yeah, I don't really know a lot about Math Rock, as a genre, but it's supposed to have a bunch of weird time signatures throughout. I don't know if you like it, but I do. These are the only guys I like, from the local groups.

Obviously, they are no Malmsteen.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                  I love how the TS creates a thread asking for suggestions on new rock music and this **** recommends him an album from 1994.

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post

I like the sound of the local group, they have a real Indy feel to their music.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
                      I like the sound of the local group, they have a real Indy feel to their music.
                      Yeah, I would support more local or indy groups, if I knew how to find them. You should support local groups, too. You always get good interesting sounds, provided they have some kind of talent.

Comment

Working...
                      X