No announcement yet.

James Degale: "Carl Froch Knows I'd Make Him Look Silly. He'll Never Face Me."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    So much disrespect to Froch from DeGale and I'm only 5 minutes in, Carl needs to body this guy.
    I thought that was a very cool headed and fact filled interview where DeGale was genuinely speaking what he believed. He gave Froch lots of props for his chin, gave Groves lots of props for his performance, said he thought all of Froch's tough fights and age seemed to have come up on him but made a very good point when he said this performance looked better for Groves because of where the UK media put Froch(on a pedestal) and that Froch has been exposed before against Dirrell and Froch but the performances got overlooked because Froch got the win in the end. He said he's been schooled by Ward and that the handspeed was the key in the fight(Froch-Groves), he said Groves was too fast.

I could go on, but basically DeGale just said things that most people would agree with.

Comment

first interview where degale hasnt annoyed me and actually spoke some sense. fair play to him. gave groves credit. gave froch credit.

Comment

You're a bum, James. Go away.

Comment

Froch will smoke his boots. Degale will back up against the ropes and Froch will T off on him like Bute.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I thought that was a very cool headed and fact filled interview where DeGale was genuinely speaking what he believed. He gave Froch lots of props for his chin, gave Groves lots of props for his performance, said he thought all of Froch's tough fights and age seemed to have come up on him but made a very good point when he said this performance looked better for Groves because of where the UK media put Froch(on a pedestal) and that Froch has been exposed before against Dirrell and Froch but the performances got overlooked because Froch got the win in the end. He said he's been schooled by Ward and that the handspeed was the key in the fight(Froch-Groves), he said Groves was too fast.

I could go on, but basically DeGale just said things that most people would agree with.
            Yeah, but the UK media didn't put Froch on a pedestal, they ignored him for years.

Froch put himself on a pedestal by beating Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, Abraham, Johnson, Bute and now Groves back to back. He did it the hard way, many of the fights coming overseas and he'll continue to take and win the hard fights entertaining boxing fans globally while DeGale will likely continue to fight sub-standard opponents.

DeGale can say this and that, but actions speak louder than words.

Comment

He would probably make him look silly for about 3 rounds then may still do alright for a couple more but after that the fight would likely change dramatically.

Froch can be out boxed but doing it for 12 whole rounds is something only 2 guys did and I don't think DeGale can do what either of those guys could.

Comment

I would have Degale over Froch right now and this is not due to the Froch-Groves fight. Froch would just struggle with pure boxers like Joe calzaghe.

Comment

Yes James, just you roll around with your back on the ropes and see how you get on with Froch

He doesn't even last as long as Groves did.

Comment

Originally posted by TGD View Post
                    Yes James, just you roll around with your back on the ropes and see how you get on with Froch

He doesn't even last as long as Groves did.
                    DeGale has been carrying a bad knee injury which explains the laying on the ropes.

He was much more mobile and was bending his knees more in his last fight.

Comment

Froch would deal with DeGale easily IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X