No announcement yet.

Marco Antonio Barrera Meets With Manny Pacquiao During Training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
    they should have sparred. granted it would have been just a promotional schtick, but i guarantee that would have gotten way more attention than a morning jog.
    that would have been pure action and probably might even be beneficial to pacquiao and make him remember his old hi-octane non-stop offensive style that takes a lot more risks. who knows, if there is enough public demand, pacquiao might even take on morales and barrera at the same time LOL

Comment

i remember how he sucker punched pacquiao from a clinch during their 2nd fight
      Yeah I remember that too. He did afew things like that throughout his career and its what made him such a likeable character. He realises its over now but he started in 1989 and his physical prime was really in the 90's but most notable wins came in the naughties. His rivals were were ususally younger than him and nobody else started in the 80's. I think Marquez is a similar age but he didnt have any big fights until afew years ago. Whilst Barrera was dominating in the 90's Pac was being destroyed by bums and Erik had hardly started.

Then when the big 3 started meeting each other Marquez was losing to the likes of Chris John and Feddie Norwood so he dint have the wars that would have aged him with his cautious style back then. Its since 2008 he started fighting with more aggression and thats why he still has plenty left at his age.

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
        Would love to see Barrera take a cheap shot and suddenly punch Manny in the face like he did to Mckinney and Morales.
        Second that what's up with mannys peasant sandals

Comment

Just doing his job. Making that money chilling talking boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Samboxrec View Post
            Second that what's up with mannys peasant sandals
            better question: why is he wearing socks with his sandals?...lol

Comment

of all the Mexican greats Pacquiao has fought, Barrera is the only one who trully respects him, Pacquiao shows great respect for Barrera as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                Maybe he doesn't want his feet to get dirty? A lot of people wear socks with sandals walking around the house or outdoors, you ever seen someones feet after walking around for hours in sandals? they are covered in dark dirt and stink bad.

Comment

Barrera doesn't like Marquez because he thinks he got robbed in their fight. I'd be surprised if Barrera interviewed him. I remember during the Mayweather/Hatton weigh-in a lot fighters came on the stage, Barrera and Marquez were among them. Barrera shook everybody's hands except Marquez's.

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                  barrera was pure fire, i remember how he sucker punched pacquiao from a clinch during their 2nd fight
                  Also headbutted Pac in the first fight, he was a dirty bitch when things didn't go his way.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                    Manny's always rocked those lol
                    There were a couple 24/7's were he had them on as well.

Comment

pacquiao looks afraid of barrerra

Comment

Working...
                      X