No announcement yet.

Why didnt Mosely fight at 140lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    He was a top P4P guy but didnt have the fame or money so he did like pretty much anyone else around the weight class wanted to do, which is to chase a big money/high profile fight with Oscar. Wouldve loved to see him vs Tszyu at 140 though
    My God, what a fight that would've been.

Comment

an undefeated Mosley vs an undefeated Judah at 140 would've been exciting too!

Comment

Nice ^^ would've been sick

Comment

my point was Manny SKIPPED 140 to fight Oscar at 147.

Than i followed that up with the question "Did Shane have any reason to drop to 140 after winning the 147 belt [like Manny did to fight Hatton]?"

People r too defencive

Comment

Some boxers do that, it's weird.

Hopkins went from 160 to 175, skipping 168, and till this day he has never fought at 168, but he has fought at 170 twice[Pavlik and Winky].

Then you have Jones going from 175 to HW, skipping Cruiserweight. Although a shot Jones did fight at CW of course getting knocked out twice.

It is interesting when this happens, when the guy coming up is fighting the best guy in that weight[Tarver-Hopkins] or at least fighting a champion[Jones-Ruiz].

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
              Mosley vs Judah in 2008 would have been an okay fight as well. Judah had to pull out with an injury. Really wack that the fight fell through. It would have meant something in 2008 when both fighters were 3 years younger, not a mega fight, but an okay fight. Now that match up is like meh, because of Mosley's recent performances.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
                The difference is Marquez didn't beat Pac.

Mosley should have fought Oscar before Forrest, as he never would have made that much money fighting someone else. But Mosley's demands were more than reasonable.

Mosley was the undefeated champion, who had a decisive win over De La Hoya. He deserved more in my opinion, but asking 50-50 was more than fair since De La Hoya was still the bigger draw even after defeat.

You can easily make the case that De La Hoya was equally to blame. Why not take 50-50 to avenge a lost? It's not like Mosley wanted a bigger cut.
                The reality of it is the draw always deserves the most money as this is a business first, sport second.

Comment

Hoya and Pride is the reason Mosley never fought at 140lb..

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
                    Mosley would have killed Judah until he died from it at the time..

Comment

Naw it wasnt a weight thing. It was an Oscar thing.

With that said I would have loved to see Kostya vs. Mosley at 140.

Comment

Working...
                      X