No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather= American, Black Joe Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather= American, Black Joe Calzaghe

Joe Calzaghe is a perfect parallel to Mayweather. Hopkins and RJJ are both first ballot HOFers. But do you give Joe Calzaghe credit for his wins over them? Nope. Floyd is undefeated you say? So is Joe. Unlike Floyd Joe doesn't have a controversial loss(Castillo). Joe is also 46-0. Floyd's got some catching up to do.

Hopkins and RJJ are the DLH and Mosley of Mayweather's resume. Take those 2 away. Mayweather does not have a single HOFer on his resume that he fought in their weight class.

Boom.

Exposed.

But Floyd is a Black American. That lends him credibility he wouldn't have other wise. His blind bat fans(mostly American) will hold up his skills and even though he's not a dynamic fighter.... he does not have any KO power.... his fights have no replay value.

Genaro Hernandez. Jose Luis Castillo.

Comment

[QUOTE=-D33Pwaters-;8818771][QUOTE]

Safety first fighters can never be dynamic.

Manny Steward agrees. I guess you can take up your beef with him.

Comment

Mayweather cleaned out 130 and won titles in 5 weight classes. He always fought the official WBC champions and never made any catchweight demands. He just said "Put them in front of me and I will beat them"

Yes the Castillo fight was controversial but he went to the rematch and set the record straight. What did Pacquiao do after Morales beat him? He waited until Morales lost to Raheem at 135 and then fought him at 130 and ducked Raheem. Which was a ***** move, Mayweather didnt wait for Castillo to lose. He gave him an immediate rematch.

Comment

Unlike Floyd Joe doesn't have a controversial loss(Castillo).
          Controversial victory. You stupid ****.

Also you are not only grammatically incorrect but fundamentally incorrect.

Many people believe Hopkins beat Calzaghe. Therefore Joe has a controversial victory.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rassclot;8818785][QUOTE=-D33Pwaters-;8818771]

He's shown the ability to adapt in the ring and is an excellent all round fighter. Quite dynamic to me therefore Floyd is a dynamic safety first fighter. It really does depend what you mean by dynamic.
            Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-14-2010, 09:14 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rassclot;8818785][QUOTE=-D33Pwaters-;8818771]

Why would I take the opinion of a man who hates the Mayweathers because they went om their own rather than join Kronk gym. Think there is some conflict of interest?

Comment

Originally posted by Rolling Stones View Post
                Controversial victory. You stupid ****.

Also you are not only grammatically incorrect but fundamentally incorrect.

Many people believe Hopkins beat Calzaghe. Therefore Joe has a controversial victory.

lol @ this tool. I put controversial loss on purpose. It was a play on words. Graduate high school first before you critique others.

Comment

Hall of famers?

Shane Mosley
                  Oscar De La Hoya
                  Genaro Hernandez
                  Jose Luis Castillo
                  Diego Corrales

And he fought all of them at their best weight classes, He didnt make them fight at catchweights.

All of these fighters were also coming off career defining wins at their best weight, Not devastating losses like most of Pacquiao's opponents.

Comment

That is a very big compliment to Floyd to compare him to someone like JOe Calzaghe. I have Joe Calzaghe as number 1 p4p and Floyd number 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X