Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who quit in a more cowardly fashion - cotto or margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so its only the mexicans and puerto ricans who think the opposite fighter quit then?

that's all i needed to hear then. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by own View Post
      i saw people arguing back and forth in another thread about who quit in worse fashion so lets take a vote. i expect the ricans to vote for cotto and the mexicans to vote for there guy so we'll just factor in the clearly unbiased posters as the deciding votes.

cotto: bloody, battered, shattered, broken nose, (possibly being beaten with plastered hands), ate uppercut after uppercut, and quit from what looked to be exhaustion taking a knee without even being hit.

margarito: no blood from what i can recall, ate body shot after body shot, ate mosleys bombs and right hands all night with glee, got knocked down and was able to continue (although he didn't take the necessary steps forward towards the referee in the opinion of many), then got knocked down in the following round - with a smile on his face
      If you can tell by everyone's reaction to this question and the fact that only one person has voted. This is not a good question to be asking. It doesn't make much sense.

Comment

Maybe we can rephrase your question,
        Who's loss appeared to be more devastating?
        I dont think that quit is an applicable term to either fighter as the corners of each chose to stop the fights.
        -Cotto appeared to be in worse shape and looked like a broken man.
        -Margarito even in defeat and getting ktfo was still smiling on the canvas.
        Ill say Cotto's loss was still more devastating.

Comment

Margarito purposely went into the 9th round knowing he would get Ko'ed, He could have quit in the 8th round when his corner offered him the opportunity but he went out there like a warrior and got KO so how is that quitting???

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
            neither quit like a coward.....I'd like to see your ***** ass get in there and take that kind of punishment. Both corners threw in the towels too if I remember correctly......I don't remember either fighter actually quitting.
            did you take that picture of the AV?

if so, was it with **** in hand?

Comment

Originally posted by HollaHolla View Post
              Maybe we can rephrase your question,
              Who's loss appeared to be more devastating?
              I dont think that quit is an applicable term to either fighter as the corners of each chose to stop the fights.
              -Cotto appeared to be in worse shape and looked like a broken man.
              -Margarito even in defeat and getting ktfo was still smiling on the canvas.
              Ill say Cotto's loss was still more devastating.
              Cotto's loss was physically more devastating but I don't know about more devastating career wise. Here's why:

Cotto was never going to retire undefeated. He gets in too many exchanges and doesn't have the greatest chin. That being said, I doubt that career wise, it is devastating to him at all. He fought a very good fight and showed a lot of heart against a bigger, stronger man.

Margarito on the other hand, while maybe not physically as beaten up, suffered IMO the more devastating loss. Not only did he get KTFO and completely outclassed, outworked, and physically dominated, he is now suspected to be a cheater. If he is found guilty on that, you can be sure Margs losing to Cotto is more devastating.

Comment

How is tapping out cowardly?

Comment

Neither guy quit, they got KTFO.

Comment

Well if u wanna call it quitting only Oscar did that...

Comment

Margarito didn't quit... he was just getting pulverized so the referee stopped it fairly, there is a massive difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X