No announcement yet.

Some great ways to increase speed + reflex

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some great ways to increase speed + reflex

Hey, I was wondering what some of you think are some of the better ways to increase your speed and reflex, I'm thankful for all thoughts and ideas

Your body gets faster at something when the muscles are trained to contract all at once and as quickly as possible, which is why people like plyometrics, but in the case of boxing, what is needed is to complete the movement as quickly as possible, be it a punch, duck, weaving. Repetition is the key to muscle use efficiency and speed.

As for reaction time, repetition is key. Your body responds with what it has been taught to do, which is why most people close their eyes and lean back when someone punches them, because their idea is to move away from the thing causing them harm (like pulling your hand away from a hot stove, knee-jerk reaction). So by training bobing and weaving, countering, all the movements, your body will remember those first, rather than fall back to instinct.

Long story short: Sadly, no magic pill yet, just training hard and often. Practice the movements fast and many many times. And when you do the techniques so much that you are bored out of your mind, do it 20 times as much. This is how you force your mind to react a certain way without thinking, thusly increasing your reaction time and speed of movement.

Comment

Thank you so much man, I have boxing training tomorrow so I will definitely be remembering that, once again thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by XJabCrossX View Post
        Hey, I was wondering what some of you think are some of the better ways to increase your speed and reflex, I'm thankful for all thoughts and ideas
        i notice your from nsw, do you train in sydney?

Comment

Originally posted by copelahama View Post
          i notice your from nsw, do you train in sydney?
          Nah man, I live in Wagga Wagga (its inland between Sydney and Melbourne)

How about you ?

Comment

Nah man, I live in Wagga Wagga (its inland between Sydney and Melbourne)

How about you ?
            yeah i know wagga im from the country too (jindabyne) but went to boarding school in syd, alot of friends live out that way, now jus living in sydney. Good to know theres boxing gyms out that way cause even in sydney their fairly seldom.

Comment

I train at my trainers house haha, but there is one place specific for boxing, but the sad thing is it seems as if there are more and more MMA kind of gyms instead of boxing so yeah :/
              My trainer has been telling me that there are some insane boxers in Sydney

Comment

I have many methods I use to increase speed and reflexes, come to my gym and I will train you

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                  I have many methods I use to increase speed and reflexes, come to my gym and I will train you
                  And whereabouts would that be haha

Comment

And whereabouts would that be haha
                    Miami Florida.

There are many things I do to help in speed and reflexes. You can increase speed and reflexes, traditional ways like the speed bag and double end bag but there are other non traditional ways as well.

Just remember that speed like a Mayweather is something you are born with. True speed, power and chin are things that people either have or don't.

You can increase speed and power though but chin, it's either you have it or you don't.

Comment

Working...
                    X