Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is "El Maestro" Rigo downplayed with "age" and size?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is "El Maestro" Rigo downplayed with "age" and size?

I don't get this... seems like fans are either protecting him, dksab, or are protecting another fighter?

Let's be real here.

He is 36. Do we need to doubt his skill, accomplishments, and capability at this age when PAC is older... Floyd is older... Stevenson is older... Bhop is older...Golovkin a year younger...

Let's quit this "old" shıt seriously... as if Rigo's style comes around every year ffs...

Loma vs Rigo needs to happen.

Rigo blew that opportunity away and he paid for it, now he complains he won't get big fights when the only big fight he was supposed to have in Lomachenko, he turned it down. "size disadvantage doe!" "122-126 is ducking me doe!"

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      Rigo blew that opportunity away and he paid for it, now he complains he won't get big fights when the only big fight he was supposed to have in Lomachenko, he turned it down. "size disadvantage doe!" "122-126 is ducking me doe!"
      "Mayweather is a great defensive fighter... nobody wants to watcha defensive fighter, it's boring.." -Arum

Do you really think Arum ever really wanted Loma to face Rigo? Seems practical for TR to play any narrative when they weren't serious to begin with...why do u think Floyd vs PAC happened? Floyd had to sneak up on PAC at a basketball game just to talk to him face to face before his Showtime contract ended...

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
        "Mayweather is a great defensive fighter... nobody wants to watcha defensive fighter, it's boring.." -Arum

Do you really think Arum ever really wanted Loma to face Rigo? Seems practical for TR to play any narrative when they weren't serious to begin with...why do u think Floyd vs PAC happened? Floyd had to sneak up on PAC at a basketball game just to talk to him face to face before his Showtime contract ended...
        The negotiations was documented and Loma and Bob Arum had exposed the details, and then publicly Rigondeaux turned it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          The negotiations was documented and Loma and Bob Arum had exposed the details, and then publicly Rigondeaux turned it down.
          But why is your approach pessimistic? Lol

Do YOU want this fight to happen or are you relying on a failed negotiation?

Comment

i try to take bob arum with a complete shaker of salt..not a grain

this is the same guy that had 0 foresight into how big floyd could be and basically lost him over about 6-8 million....which was a drop in the bucket, mere peanuts, compared to the money he would earn after leaving

Comment

Rigo can't speak a lick of english and for as talented as he is, he doesn't fight enough legit competition.

I know there are times people don't wanna fight you, but thats why for as talented as you think you are you gotta step up and move to a new weight class and put in work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravado View Post
                Rigo can't speak a lick of english and for as talented as he is, he doesn't fight enough legit competition.

I know there are times people don't wanna fight you, but thats why for as talented as you think you are you gotta step up and move to a new weight class and put in work.
                Rigo can move up. If let's say Cotto doesn't renew with Roc since his retirement is soon as well. Perhaps Roc won't worry so much for making another big shot for Rigo in early 2018. Roc doesn't have to drop as much as like for Cotto or Ward, so Rigo future bouts are imo easy investments

Comment

Working...
                X