No announcement yet.

Name a Fighter w/ Better Balance Than SRL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    I dont think I have seen anyone better tbh. He was always in perfect balance to punch.

Did Robinson have better balance? I dont think so. At least not at 160.

Pep? I havent seen that much of him, but judging from the Saddler fights I say no.

Ali? Lol no.

Other noteworthies not mentioned is Pernell Whitaker and Floyd Mayweather. They lacked the pop though.
    How about your fellow countryman the "Danish Pastry" Neilson? With one stipulation, I would take Neilson provided he was prone and punching from the prone position.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      I think Alexis Arguello can be thrown in the mix.
      Most definitely.

Others that came to mind;

Ezzard Charles
      Harold Johnson
      Emile Griffith
      Carlos Monzon

I agree with the OP Leonard is up there for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        How about your fellow countryman the "Danish Pastry" Neilson? With one stipulation, I would take Neilson provided he was prone and punching from the prone position.
        Nielsen was as slick as they come mate!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
          I don't think they necessary had a perfect technical footwork, they were just brilliant athlethes and that kind of guys can operate even in not perfect position.
          Sweet Pea suffered quite a few flash knock-downs when he got caught off balance and I thought Floyd would sometimes lose his form when throwing more than 2 shots.

As for Rigondeaux - he had a perfect balance for his style, but his offence was relatively limited. It's much harder to remain in balance when you throw combinations, imo.
          Ray Leonard's form was amazing.

How about Mike McCallum? I thought he always looked in great balance.
          McCallum is a great suggestion mate. He is up there for sure.

Comment

Orlando Canizales, Jose Napoles and Whitaker, dunno if I can say they were for sure better but they're up there with him.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Nielsen was as slick as they come mate!!
              Always liked him... Seemed like the kind of guy who was talented but unpretentious...you could have a beer with and probaby could tell you a lot about the craft. A tough fight also and easy to underestimate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                I don't think they necessary had a perfect technical footwork, they were just brilliant athlethes and that kind of guys can operate even in not perfect position.
                Sweet Pea suffered quite a few flash knock-downs when he got caught off balance and I thought Floyd would sometimes lose his form when throwing more than 2 shots.

As for Rigondeaux - he had a perfect balance for his style, but his offence was relatively limited. It's much harder to remain in balance when you throw combinations, imo.
                Ray Leonard's form was amazing.

How about Mike McCallum? I thought he always looked in great balance.
                The body snatchers a great choice...you had better be balanced when going to the body! Body punchers are like stock shorters... or like snakes because in all cases you are doing an activity that takes extra skill... The body puncher is leaving himself vulnerable to a counter to the head, the stock shorter is in real danger if the stock goes up suddenly and a snake is a creature that catches its prey with its face and no legs!

Comment

Spider Webb.

Comment

Laszlo papp, his balance was second d to none

Comment

Ali and Pep instantly come to mind. Watching those two, it's difficult to think of any fighters with better balance. Both were certainly better in that regard than srl and srr.

Comment

Working...
                      X