No announcement yet.

Pea, Roy or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
    Roy is not retired, but it does not really matter.
    Floyd is supposedly retired.

Out of these three who is...

The Best (how would Roy fare against the greats at 60-75? etc...)
    The Greatest (greatest careers)

Feel free to add your own awards (defense, offense, power, speed, chin, heart, etc), whatever you feel like mentioning, but please stick to these 3 fighters.

NOTE
    I picked these 3 because they were very gifted and skilled fighters. I started after Leonard, because there is a clean break as in there is no overlapping between Pea and SRL and I am left with 3 fighters, which is a good number. I would have ended up wanting to add Duran, and then probably Ali etc...

I left out anyone who was beaten by some of the 3 (so JCC, Hop, Toney, Pac are out)

I understand this selection is arbitrary, but I think I used decent criteria, and I would suggest we keep it about these 3 (Pea, RJ, PBF)!
    Don't have time to provide reasons now, but just ranking them, 1. 2. 3.
    Your criteria as you said is not complete, Chavez being 87 -O before his first loss. I can gon on and on... But within the boundaries you have set.

Floyd
    Jones
    Pea

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Floyd beat manny, and it wasn't close.. I don't care what some so called boxing expert said, or your personal view of the fight..l floyd won easily 116-112.. It was basically a sparring session, and manny has no one to blame but himself. Anytime he let his hands go, he had success and won the round.. But he only did that in 4 Rds.. 4,6,9,10
      So we just ignored all the things happened before the fight. Like Floyd was cheating and the same time the other guy was injured. Right?

We criticized and give less credit to a younger fighter defeating an old great fighter (ex. Oscar-Chavez sr., Floyd-Oscar) while we ignored other things like cheating, draining opponents etc. Kinda double standard to me.

If you want to know who has the best resume between Pea, Floyd, Roy without analyzing them, then Mayweather has the best resume. But it doesn't work like that. We need to analyze their records to properly rank them.

Comment

• Originally posted by gamesworn View Post
        So we just ignored all the things happened before the fight. Like Floyd was cheating and the same time the other guy was injured. Right?

We criticized and give less credit to a younger fighter defeating an old great fighter (ex. Oscar-Chavez sr., Floyd-Oscar) while we ignored other things like cheating, draining opponents etc. Kinda double standard to me.

If you want to know who has the best resume between Pea, Floyd, Roy without analyzing them, then Mayweather has the best resume. But it doesn't work like that. We need to analyze their records to properly rank them.
        Which illegal substance did Mayweather test positive for?
        Was it the same saltwater curing Pac's shoulder?

Comment

Comment

Yes. LOL

Seriously dude, there is no way you can defend Floyd in his IV scandal. Unless your a Fl()mo. Which I hope your not. Your only option here, either he was drained or masking PEDS. I don't want to make this long because there is a thread about this already.

At least salt water can somehow help you in curing wounds.

Health Benefits of Sea Salt
            "The Mediterranean Sea, the Atlantic Ocean, and the North Sea are the most common hubs for the harvesting of sea salt. The method involved in harvesting sea salt also helps to retain its natural state and therapeutic qualities. These healing properties of sea salt help in maintaining good cellular functioning of the body and have been appreciated for ages. In ancient times, sea salt was valuable for healing hand injuries and wounds of fishermen."

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-...-sea-salt.html

Comment

Yes. LOL

Seriously dude, there is no way you can defend Floyd in his IV scandal. Unless your a Fl()mo. Which I hope your not. Your only option here, either he was drained or masking PEDS. I don't want to make this long because there is a thread about this already.

"The Mediterranean Sea, the Atlantic Ocean, and the North Sea are the most common hubs for the harvesting of sea salt. The method involved in harvesting sea salt also helps to retain its natural state and therapeutic qualities. These healing properties of sea salt help in maintaining good cellular functioning of the body and have been appreciated for ages. In ancient times, sea salt was valuable for healing hand injuries and wounds of fishermen."

So... which illegal substance did Mayweather use?

EDIT: organicfacts.net... LOL

Comment

EDIT: organicfacts.net... LOL
                It worked in 'Ancient' times when Fishermen got hooks stuck in their fingers, can't see why it wouldn't fix a torn rotator cuff.

Solid, legitimate source and information right there.

Comment

WOW. I expected more from you. You are just one of them. For all the evidence in front of you , you still think he didn't cheat.

Please read this again.
                  http://www.sbnation.com/longform/201...ng-trust-usada

It's not about illegal substance, it's about masking the illegal substance. That's the whole point here.

Two reasons why he will use it. Either he's drained or masking peds. I'm pretty sure he's not drained, so the remaining reason why he will use it was to masked his PED. LOGIC

Stop being so defensive when someone criticized Floyd resume. Between Money and Greatness, Floyd chose money. He made this decision to himself. In his last fight, he could have unified the title belts by facing Brook but he chose Berto.

Floyd was a great fighter with great talents no one can deny that even his haters. He was one of the best technical fighter I've ever saw. The sad part, he chose money instead of legacy. He could have achieved more than that.
                  Last edited by gamesworn; 10-02-2015, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                    It worked in 'Ancient' times when Fishermen got hooks stuck in their fingers, can't see why it wouldn't fix a torn rotator cuff.

Solid, legitimate source and information right there.
                    The reason why I post it because people even on the past believes that saltwater can cure wounds. Although it was not 100% proven. Many people believe it can somehow help them to heal their wounds. It's not like Pacquiao spouting nonsense about sea water curing his wounds because many people believe in this too.

Here someone on yahoo asking about It

Does salt water really heal wounds faster? (his/her question)

https://ph.answers.yahoo.com/questio...4122916AAWGS6H

Comment

Yes. LOL

Saltwater doesn't help heal torn rotator cuffs in any way,shape, or form.

Comment

Working...
                      X