No announcement yet.

Rees- Buckland : not 1 press member had Buckland winning the

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rees- Buckland : not 1 press member had Buckland winning the

All scores on the boxing news site : http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/late...e-boxing-media

i had Rees a 8-4 winner, a controversial outcome when you have 0 out of 25 scoring for Buckland

comments welcome

Originally posted by fightscore View Post
    All scores on the boxing news site : http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/late...e-boxing-media

i had Rees a 8-4 winner, a controversial outcome when you have 0 out of 25 scoring for Buckland

comments welcome
    Yeah, I didn't think Buckland deserved the win. I had it 7-4-1 for Rees bur some of those rounds were damn close so I can see how they may have been scored for Buckland, probably why no one is screaming robbery.

I'd like a rematch though.

Comment

Poor little Gavy.

Comment

I thought Rees slightly edge it. It was an excellent fight. There were so many close rounds.

Rees stayed committed to the body attack like I haven't seen in a while. Sometimes body work isn't appreciated by judges. Buckland fought a very good fight as well. His body work slowed Rees down especially in the middle rounds. To Rees' credit I felt he came through in the championship rounds.

They should definitely do it again. I don't know how many efforts like that Rees has left though.

Comment

Rees has been robbed two fights running. He beat Crolla and Buckland.

Comment

I feel sorry for Rees.....

Comment

I thought Rees edged it as well.

Comment

Wow..not one went with Buckland. Thats harsh on Rees.

I only scored it loosely while watching, but i had Rees winning a close fight..i felt for him after the scores were read out.

Comment

I had it for Rees too. Started the early rounds better, finished the championship rounds stronger.

Buckley did dominate the middle rounds, but Rees won at least six or seven rounds of the twelve, meaning that without points deductions or knockdowns.....he shouldn't have lost!

Sometimes judges do shade the younger fighter who is felt to have more left in their career. For all that Rees should have got the verdict, he had been saying recently that he was contemplating retirement!

Comment

Working...
                  X