No announcement yet.

Is 1984 Now? Senator Rand Says Yes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Is 1984 Now? Senator Rand Says Yes

Great vid and great message for lovers of freedom. Haters of individual liberties wont like this video.
    Last edited by Canelo Phresh; 11-14-2012, 12:22 AM.

The human psyche will naturally ignore these early warnings. The sheeple are so easy to herd because of their attitude of INDIFFERENCE.

As strange as it sounds, the time of reckoning is now. In a few years Western governments will become ever more tyrannical. But since the populace has been duped by FREE PHONES, "free" healthcare, student loans, etc. they will not move in contravention until they realize all their freedoms have been taken away from them.

This is the time where the man of perdition will present himself to the world.

Comment

I suppose video surveillance has it's pros particularly in fighting crime by helping to capture criminals more effectively than before and to prove a case in court. Case in point is the video recording and subsequent capture of Vernon Forrest's killer among many other reasons.

Ultimately although the increasing monitoring of people can be a hindrance to some, most folks don't feel a need for concern if they aren't acting in illegal ways.

It'd be interesting to see a list of the pros and cons of the various forms of monitoring and surveillance in existence today.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
        I suppose video surveillance has it's pros particularly in fighting crime by helping to capture criminals more effectively than before and to prove a case in court. Case in point is the video recording and subsequent capture of Vernon Forrest's killer among many other reasons.

Ultimately although the increasing monitoring of people can be a hindrance to some, most folks don't feel a need for concern if they aren't acting in illegal ways.

It'd be interesting to see a list of the pros and cons of the various forms of monitoring and surveillance in existence today.
        Aye. Personally, I don't really think about being monitored and all that ****, because I have no reason to believe my life is important enough to monitor.

On the other hand, I don't really buy into the adage of "well if you're innocent, you don't have anything to worry about," because unless you've had your privacy infringed, or violated, then people don't really know how degrading it can be.

There definitely needs to be a balance between individual privacy, and rights, and the need to prevent crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post

Great vid and great message for lovers of freedom. Haters of individual liberties wont like this video.
          I am not sure it is a great message for lovers of freedom as the video demonstrates how many of our freedoms have been taken away after 9 11 and they are not going to be given back.

Comment

I would have thought Rand Paul would have read Nineteen Eighty Four before trying to compare it to 21st century America.

Ha ha of course he did. He's just pandering to his base of ignorant conspi******s.

The thing is that expression concern at surveillance culture can be legitimate, expressing concern about freedoms being eroded is the right and duty of everyone living in a free country. Making absolutely idiotic comparisons between dystopian fiction and reality
            makes a mockery of such arguments.

Comment

yeah, no.

I've never read it, but from what I've heard, it sounds more like brave new world ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Anton.Brilliant View Post
                yeah, no.

I've never read it, but from what I've heard, it sounds more like brave new world ish.

Nice post. Brave New World was good. I've also read We by Yevgeny Zamyatin. Funny that the people addressing the Soviets had this fear of the oppression and tyranny when in reality the opposite was true.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  Nice post. Brave New World was good. I've also read We by Yevgeny Zamyatin. Funny that the people addressing the Soviets had this fear of the oppression and tyranny when in reality the opposite was true.
                  I've never read We, I'll check it out. i just finished "listening" to a brave new world on audiobook though.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    I would have thought Rand Paul would have read Nineteen Eighty Four before trying to compare it to 21st century America.

Ha ha of course he did. He's just pandering to his base of ignorant conspi******s.

The thing is that expression concern at surveillance culture can be legitimate, expressing concern about freedoms being eroded is the right and duty of everyone living in a free country. Making absolutely idiotic comparisons between dystopian fiction and reality
                    makes a mockery of such arguments.
                    1st 4th and 5th amendments are gone in america. Its not pandering its fact. Ive proven this in the past to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X